Sitting here in my chilly apartment, staring out at the overcast skies, sunny Mexico seems like a long ways away. I have ten more long days to wait before I board my Air Canada flight, first to Cuba for a week and a half, and then to Mexico for another week and a half. While I anxiously wait for the next ten days to pass I will be dreaming of beaches and sunshine while sipping on lime margaritas.
I have to admit, I’m writing this post in advance. Just like I did with the Coconut Raspberry Mojito Jello Shooters and the Aji Guacamole. I feel a little bit funny about this, like I’m somehow not being quite honest with you. Here I am saying that I’m in my chilly apartment (which I am as I write), but I’m actually on a sunny beach (when you’re reading this.)
I feel better now that I’ve shared that with you.
If I could read the future, I’d say there are lots of lime margaritas in store for me. I hope I’m not wrong.
This version of a traditional margarita is a lot lighter, less boozy and slightly fizzy. I’m tempted to call it a margarita spritzer, but that just sounds too girly. Tart lime, strong tequila, and fizzy soda water come together to make a refreshing summer cocktail. This would be equally as good sipped on your backyard patio as it would on a beach in Mexico.
- 2 parts tequila
- 1 part fresh lime juice with pulp
- A sprinkle of sugar
- Soda water, to taste (a SodaStream works great for this!)
- Coarse sea salt
- Wet the top of a glass with a lime wedge. Rim with course sea salt.
- Shake tequila, lime juice and sugar over ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour into glass and top with soda.
Feel like more yummy cocktails? Check out:
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Blog Income Report – May 2016 - June 26, 2016
- Double Happiness Sticky Chinese 5 Spice Chicken - June 24, 2016
- Lightened Up Mexican Corn Dip with Avocado and Jalapeño - June 21, 2016