This cucumber margarita is cool and crisp, making it the perfect cocktail for sipping in the sun. It's easy to make using 5 simple and fresh ingredients, and it's ready in just 10 minutes!
It doesn't get more refreshing than a margarita made with cucumbers. With only a few ingredients, it's healthier, too. Many of the store-bought pre-made margarita mixes are loaded with unwanted ingredients but we use just fresh cucumber juice, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and salt.
We make the cucumber juice in the blender so you don't need a juicer or any fancy equipment. If you're making this drink for a crowd, you can prepare the juice ahead of time so all you have to do is pour and stir.
It's our favorite light-tasting drink for kicking back in the summer and makes a hydrating mocktail, too. To make it a mocktail, swap the tequila and triple sec for a splash of sparkling water or more cucumber juice. So fresh, so tasty!
What you'll need
Here's everything you'll need to make a refreshing cucumber margarita:
- Cucumber – one English cucumber will yield approximately a cup of cucumber juice, which is the amount that you'll need for four cucumber margaritas!
- Tequila + triple sec – classic margarita ingredients with hints of fruit and orange flavor.
- Lime juice – for its zesty, tangy, and refreshing taste.
- Lime wedges, coarse salt, and ice – for serving.
How to make this cucumber margarita
It's simple to make this cucumber margarita recipe by following a few easy steps:
- Start by peeling the cucumber, cutting it in half lengthwise, and scooping out the seeds.
- Use your blender to blend it into juice – you may need to stop a few times to push the cucumber down in the blades, but once it gets going it will turn to juice quickly. Then strain it through a fine-mesh sieve to remove the pulp.
- Next, add a handful of ice, two parts cucumber juice, two parts tequila, one part triple sec, and one part lime juice to a shaker or mason jar and stir it until your cucumber margarita is nice and cold.
- Strain it into a rimmed margarita glass, garnish with a slice of cucumber, and enjoy!
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
Give your margarita a spicy spin!
Add a kick to your cocktail by turning it into a cucumber jalapeño margarita. Simply add a few jalapeño slices to the glass before you pour in the other ingredients. Muddle it a bit with the back of a spoon to release the juices. Give it all a good stir, and that's it!
How much jalapeño should I use? While the spiciness of jalapeños varies, about 3 thin slices will make a medium-spicy cocktail.
You can prepare the cucumber juice in advance. It will stay fresh in a sealed jar or container for 2-3 days. If you're hosting a party and want to make a big batch, you can combine the ingredients in a large jar a day ahead of time and leave it in your fridge. When you're ready to serve it, pour the cold margarita into glasses filled with ice.
Yes! We use English cucumbers as our grocery store rarely carries field cucumbers. But field cucumbers are even juicier and make a great choice for juicing.
It sure is! To make a margarita a little lighter, skip the Triple Sec and use simple syrup instead. Or you can top your drink with a little sparkling water as we do in our fizzy lime margarita recipe.
When to serve a cucumber margarita
There are endless occasions when a cucumber margarita makes the perfect refreshing drink. Here are some times we like to enjoy them:
- Happy hour
- Pool parties
- Dinner parties
- Taco night or cinco de mayo
- Game or movie night
- Special occasions like birthday parties or showers
Favorite margarita recipes
- Delicious Grapefruit Margarita
- Rhubarb Margarita
- Watermelon Margarita
- Pink Lemonade Margarita
- Fresh Pineapple Margarita
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 large cucumber, see notes
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce lime juice
- Lime wedges, coarse salt, cucumber slices, and ice, to serve
- Peel the cucumber, cut it in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.1 large cucumber
- Put it into your blender and blend on high for 30 seconds. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve to remove the pulp from the cucumber juice.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker or mason jar. Add 2 parts cucumber juice, 2 parts tequila, 1 part triple sec, and 1 part lime juice and stir until cold.2 ounces silver tequila, 1 ounce triple sec, 1 ounce lime juice
- Rim a glass with margarita salt then stain the cucumber margarita into the glass. Serve garnished with cucumber.