This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This is the very BEST kale salad dressing recipe ever. I know that is a big claim, but I've been told it so many times and by so many people that it must be true. The honey helps balance kale's bitter flavor and the two types of vinegar (apple cider and balsamic) create an irresistible flavor.
I've been told that this is the best kale salad dressing recipe ever. When I used to run an underground restaurant, this was the dressing that I would make when I served a kale salad. Each time, guests would rave about it. Even if you don't think you like kale, try it with this dressing. I bet you'll fall in love.
Why we think this kale salad dressing is the best one ever
- It's sweet. Let's be honest, kale is bitter. It's what most people don't like about it. But all kale needs is a little help from some honey and suddenly that bitterness disappears. It's a little like magic.
- Two types of vinegar. By using both apple cider vinegar and balsamic vinegar you create an incredible depth of flavor.
- It's creamy. By slowly whisking in the oil (it only takes about a minute) you emulsify the oil and make the dressing creamy.
- We've been told. ← we can't ignore all those rave reviews when talking about why this kale salad dressing is the best.
Watch how easy it is to make this kale salad dressing
Try it on our Roasted Beet and Kale Salad with Maple Candied Walnuts:
More Salad Dressing Recipes for Kale
- Japanese Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing
- Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Best Green Goddess Salad Dressing
- Creamy Sunflower Seed Salad Dressing
- Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey (use maple syrup for vegan)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic (grated on a Microplane or very finely minced)
- A pinch of sea salt
- Place all the ingredients into a 2-cup mason jar.½ cup extra virgin olive oil, ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar, ¼ cup honey, 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 2 cloves garlic, A pinch of sea salt
- Shake well until the ingredients are mixed together and the dressing is creamy.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.