Japanese Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing
Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing is the delicious Japanese salad dressing that you get at your favorite sushi joint. It's a super easy to make blender salad dressing recipe that you can whip up in five minutes. You will LOVE it!
You know that always incredibly delicious carrot dressing that every Japanese restaurant around the world (or at least the ones that I've been to) serves on their salad? This is it.
I know I called this carrot ginger salad dressing, but it's a bit misleading. It really should be called Carrot Ginger Put This On Everything You Eat Sauce, but that's a bit of a mouthful to say.
It's so creamy and delicious that I've been known to eat it by the spoonful before it ends up on my salad. Even my little girl will run into the kitchen and point up at the blender as I'm making this and say, “Taste mommy, taste!”
So this Japanese carrot ginger salad dressing is kid-approved. At least by my toddler. I'll pour it on a salad while she'll use it as a dip for her tomatoes, peppers, and cucumber slices.
Why you need to make this carrot ginger salad dressing:
- It's a creamy dressing that is made with no dairy. That's right, my friends, this carrot ginger dressing recipe is 100% dairy-free. That also means it's vegan, paleo, and Whole30.
- The carrots give it just the right amount of sweetness without having to add any kind of sugar. Yay for sugar-free!
- It's super easy to make. If you can put a few things in your blender and turn it on, you can make this.
- It's crazy versatile. While it usually turns into a salad with carrot ginger dressing, it can also be used as a dip for spring rolls, as a sauce for salmon, or even as a sandwich spread.
- There's no need to worry about making a special Asian salad; this Japanese salad dressing is delicious on any kind of green salad.
- It is so addicting. It tastes light and refreshing and a little bit tangy. Bring it on!
- It's basically putting vegetables on top of vegetables, which is just awesome.
How to make Japanese Ginger Salad Dressing
Are you ready for it? Brace yourself for this one.
- See those ingredients in the picture up there? You're going to put them into your blender.
- The next step is to turn your blender on. So far so ridiculously easy, right?
- Now pat yourself on the back. You've just made Japanese restaurant salad dressing!
And you didn't just make any old Japanese salad dressing recipe. You made the best one. (I've tried quite a few and this one is my fav!)
When I first shared this carrot ginger dressing recipe with you it was back in October 2012. You'll see in the pic below that it looks a little chunkier than the new version.
That's because it was made in my pre-Vitamix days. Even though it wasn't as smooth as it is when I make it now, I loved it just as much back then.
So don't worry if you don't have a high-powered blender. The dressing won't be quite as creamy but it will still be every bit as delicious.
Easy to make salad dressing recipes
- Brown Butter Vinaigrette
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Sesame Orange Vinaigrette
- Creamy Sunflower Seed Salad Dressing
- Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette
Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- ½ lb carrots, 3 medium, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, Gluten-free, if needed. Coco aminos for paleo and Whole30
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Place all the ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth.½ lb carrots, ½ cup avocado oil, ¼ cup peeled, ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons chopped onion, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Add more oil or water if you like a thinner salad dressing.