This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This strawberry vinaigrette is a delicious, summery-tasting salad dressing recipe made with fresh strawberries, oil, vinegar, and a little honey. It's made in just 5 minutes and its sweet-tart flavor is irresistible!
Strawberry salad dressing is a wonderful thing. It tastes light and fresh, a little sweet and a little tart, and has a beautiful subtle creamy feel. You'll taste summer written all over this strawberry vinaigrette dressing.
It's perfect on a simple green salad but we love it most as a strawberry spinach salad dressing made with spinach, feta cheese, and a sprinkling of nuts.
And this strawberry vinaigrette recipe is the perfect way to use super ripe strawberries that you may not want to eat anymore. Because they're blended, it doesn't matter if they're overly ripe and soft. Just make sure to avoid any brown or moldy spots.
How to make strawberry vinaigrette
This is an amazingly easy dressing made in just 5 minutes.
- Put the ingredients into your blender.
- Now blend until smooth.
That's it! This vinaigrette is a breeze to make!
Full recipe ingredients are in the recipe card below.
Strawberry vinaigrette FAQs
How long does this salad dressing keep in the fridge?
This dressing will keep well for 3-4 days in your fridge.
Can this vinaigrette be frozen?
Strawberry salad dressing tends to separate when it's frozen so we don't recommend putting it into your freezer.
Can I make this with other berries?
Yes, you can try other fresh, in-season berries in this recipe. You may want to play with the honey and apple cider vinegar amounts a little as all berries vary slightly in their sweet-tart profile.
Will frozen strawberries work?
Yes, you can use frozen strawberries in this vinaigrette. If you're making this in the winter when strawberries are not in season, frozen strawberries are your best option. Just make sure to thaw them completely before blending them. And you may want to add a little more honey since the strawberries won't be as ripe.
Variations to try
- Use maple syrup instead of honey for a malty flavor.
- Add lime juice instead of vinegar.
- ¼ cup of thick, plain yogurt gives it an extra creamy tangy taste.
How to use strawberry salad dressing
We love serving this as a strawberry spinach salad dressing, just like you see in the picture above. Some spinach, sliced strawberries, red onion, feta cheese, and this dressing are all you need for the perfect salad.
- Try it on this arugula cherry salad, replacing the cherries with strawberries.
- Use it on our strawberry avocado grilled chicken salad.
- As a unique marinade for chicken.
- When making a fruit salad, use this dressing. It's delicious!
What to serve with strawberry vinaigrette salad
A salad tossed in this dressing is light and summery and goes well with so many mains. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Juicy Grilled Pork Chops
- Perfect Grilled Chicken Breast
- Juicy Baked Chicken Thighs
- Italian Dressing Chicken
Popular salad dressing recipes
- Italian Dressing
- BEST Kale Salad Dressing
- Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette
- The Best Green Goddess Salad Dressing
- 1 cup halved strawberries
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or sub another neutral-favored oil)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional )
- A pinch sea salt and pepper
- Put the ingredients into your blender and blend on high until creamy.1 cup halved strawberries, 2 tablespoons avocado oil, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey, A pinch sea salt and pepper
- Store in a sealed jar for up to 1 week.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.