Juicy Baked Chicken Thighs
Juicy Baked Chicken Thighs are easy to make and the most delicious oven-baked chicken thighs ever! They're coated in pantry-staple spices and baked until crispy on the outside and unbelievably juicy inside. With one simple tip, this baked chicken thighs recipe turns out perfect every single time.
These babies are JUICY! If you've ever wondered how to bake chicken thighs, you're in the right place. This is the recipe we reach for again and again and it never fails to make us happy.
Why these are our go-to baked chicken thighs
- The combination of simple, pantry-staple spices gives them tons of flavor.
- They are always juicy. We cook them with the skin on (but give instructions on how to prepare them if you'd prefer not to eat the skin) which ensures they never dry out.
- Based on the popular Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts recipe so you'll know they'll be a hit.
- After only 5 minutes of prep and they'll be ready to hang out in the oven and cook themselves.
- Sugar-free! Many chicken thigh recipes call for sugar, but we think it's unnecessary. This recipe is crazy delicious AND healthy.
- Whole30 + keto + gluten-free. All the good things.
- Leftovers are great sliced off the bone and served over salad for lunch. 1 recipe = 2 meals. Love meal prep!
How to make this baked chicken thighs recipe
This is one of those ‘staple recipes' that you'll end up reaching for again and again. Only rather than reading the recipe each time, you'll simply head to your pantry and start pulling out the spices. It's a very simple recipe that is based on the popular Perfect Baked Chicken Breast recipe.
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the chicken thighs with some olive oil.
- Sprinkle the spices over the chicken.
That's it! After only 5 minutes of prep, these babies cook themselves. Dinner doesn't get any easier than this.
How long to bake chicken thighs
Chicken thighs can vary widely in size which means that the time it takes to cook them also varies. An average bone-in chicken thigh weighs about 6 ounces and will yield 2 ½ – 3 ounces of meat.
You'll want to cook your chicken thighs for 35-40 minutes at 420 degrees Fahrenheit.
If the thighs you're cooking are very small, check them after 30 minutes. If they're very big, they may need 45 minutes to fully cook. Chicken thighs are pretty forgiving, so if they stay in your oven for an extra few minutes, chances are they'll still be juicy.
What to serve with oven baked chicken thighs
We often eat these baked chicken thighs with a big green salad tossed in one of my favorite salad dressing recipes. They go especially well with the Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette or Lifesaving Lemony Salad Dressing. It's a really quick and easy weeknight meal that takes almost no time to put together.
A big pile of roasted veggies (cooked in the oven at the same time as the chicken) is another great option.
Favorite chicken recipes
- Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts
- Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Easy Chicken Bites
- Asian Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Baked Sesame Orange Chicken
Juicy Baked Chicken Thighs are easy to make and the most delicious oven-baked chicken thighs ever! They're coated in pantry-staple spices and baked until crispy on the outside and unbelievably juicy inside. With a few simple tips, this baked chicken thighs recipe turns out perfect every single time.
✨ If you love these Juicy Baked Chicken Thighs as much as I do, make sure to give them a 5-star review in the comments below!
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon each: onion powder and garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon each: chili powder, oregano, salt, and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lb bone-in chicken thighs
- Preheat your oven to 420 degrees. For easier cleanup, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken thighs then sprinkle the thighs with the spices. If you're not planning on eating the skin, sprinkle the spices under the skin. (see notes)
- Place the chicken thighs on the baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. (see notes)
If you leave the skin on the chicken while it's cooking, it will stay the juiciest. If you'd rather not eat the skin, simply sprinkle the spices under the skin. That way when you remove the skin after baking, the chicken will still be spiced.