This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This is the most amazing Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe made with a 5-ingredient deliciously sticky sauce. It's guaranteed to be a hit at your dinner table!
I tend to think of chicken like this: its sole purpose is to act as a vehicle to help get more of whatever delicious sauce it's coated in into my mouth. Are you the same?
After you make this recipe you'll want to lick your fingers, the plate, and the pan these were cooked on. This honey garlic chicken is that good.
It also comes together in only 35 minutes, and most of that time is spent staring at your oven willing this mouthwatering honey garlic chicken to hurry up and cook faster. So easy. So good.
We're big fans of easy chicken recipes. If you are too, then you'll also love our lemon garlic chicken. It's a marinade made with minimal ingredients yet it is full of flavor.
Why you'll love this honey garlic chicken
- The sweet garlicky sauce coats every bit of the chicken so every bite is too good for words.
- The ‘secret' trick I have of grating the garlic and onion means that they dissolve into the sauce and make the sauce 100x better.
- Sticky sticky sticky … as honey garlic chicken should be.
- This is one of those healthy recipes (paleo and gluten-free!) that doesn't seem like it should be. It tastes too delicious to be good for us.
How to make this honey garlic chicken recipe
This baked honey garlic chicken is SO EASY to make.
- Start by roasting the chicken until it is almost cooked through – about 30 -35 mins.
- Then make the sauce. Pop the 5 honey garlic sauce ingredients into a small frying pan and bring it to a boil for a couple of minutes. This thickens the sauce so it sticks to the chicken. Trust me that this little extra step is 100% worth it.
- Dip the chicken in the sauce and broil the bottom side. Then flip the chicken over and baste the rest of the sauce on top before you broil it for a few more minutes. Broiling the chicken at the end will caramelize the sugars in the honey to make it extra delicious.
What to serve with honey garlic chicken thighs
I like to load up on the veggies when serving this chicken. Often it's as simple as a big green salad and some roasted carrots or broccoli. Rice (or cauliflower rice, if you're weird like me) is great with any leftover honey garlic sauce drizzled over the top.
Here are a few of our other favorite sides:
- Bacon Kale Caesar Salad
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Easy Asian Coleslaw with Orange Sesame Dressing
- Smoky Roast Potatoes
- Sweet and Spicy Yam Wedges
- Smoky Parmesan Corn on the Cob
Our favorite honey garlic recipes
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Paleo Honey Garlic Chicken Fingers
- Honey Garlic Corn on the Cob
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL’S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Cheesy Fajita Stuffed Chicken
- Asian Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Saucy Peanut Chicken with Broccoli and Peppers
- Quick and Easy Honey Lemon Chicken
- Paleo Honey Garlic Chicken Fingers
- Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon each: salt and pepper
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 4 cloves garlic (grated with the small holes on your grater)
- 1 teaspoon grated onion (grated with the small holes on your grater)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Place one oven rack in the middle and another rack at the top. For easy cleanup, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Season both sides of the chicken with the salt and pepper. Put the chicken on the baking sheet skin side up and bake for 30-35 minutes. (35 minutes for big thighs.)8 chicken thighs, 1 teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- While the chicken is cooking, bring the honey garlic sauce ingredients to a boil for 2 minutes in a small frying pan to thicken the sauce.3 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon coconut sugar, 1 teaspoon molasses, 4 cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon grated onion
- Remove the chicken from the oven and carefully drain any liquid from the pan. Dip each chicken piece in the sauce and put the chicken back on the pan skin side down. Broil (on the top oven rack) for 5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over and baste the skin with the remaining sauce then broil for 5 minutes more.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.