This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This easy to make and crazy delicious Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Salad is loaded with sweet summer strawberries, pecans, and creamy avocado. The tasty balsamic vinaigrette does double duty as the salad dressing and marinade for the chicken. Healthy summer salads never tasted so good!
Let the summer salads continue!
This is the beauty I gave you a sneak peek of the other day in my Instagram stories. I shared it with my handsome man for lunch and he kept going on and on about how good it was. I'm not even joking, my carb-loving man was RAVING about a salad. #firsttimeforeverything
All the Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Salad love
♡ Balsamic marinated chicken all deliciously charred on the BBQ because grilled chicken is EVERYTHING!
♡ Summer strawberries. Lipstick red and sweet as candy.
♡ Creamy avocados are meant for salad.
♡ Crunchy pecans cause we all know that pecans are the best nuts out there.
Video: how to make this Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Salad:
This grilled chicken salad is literally the easiest dinner salad to make. The balsamic dressing is what I like to unglamorously call a dump and shake dressing. Dump the ingredients into a jar, seal the lid, and shake shake shake. So easy!
Since the dressing double duties as a balsamic marinade for the chicken, once you dump and shake you've nearly finished dinner.
Let the balsamic marinated chicken hang out on the BBQ for 15 minutes then toss everything together and eat dinner. See how easy that was?
Healthy Salad Recipes
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad with Avocado Ranch
- Arugula and Wild Rice Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
- Crispy Kale Salad with Roasted Beets and Candied Pecans
- Roasted Pumpkin Spinach Salad with Maple Pumpkin Dressing
- The Best Greek Salad Recipe
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (omit for Whole30)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon each: sea salt and black pepper
- Optional: 2 tablespoons plain Greek-style yogurt ((omit for paleo + Whole30))
Grilled Chicken Salad
- 2 chicken breasts
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 2 ½ ounces baby arugula
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 avocado (diced)
- Place all the balsamic dressing ingredients into a 1-cup Mason jar. Close the lid and shake well.⅓ cup balsamic vinegar, ¼ cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, ¼ teaspoon each: sea salt and black pepper, Optional: 2 tablespoons plain Greek-style yogurt
- Put the chicken breasts in a container and pour ¼ cup of the dressing over top. Turn the chicken so that it is well coated in the marinade and set it aside for ½ hour.2 chicken breasts
- While the chicken is marinating, place the spinach, arugula, strawberries, pecans, and diced avocado in a large salad bowl. Preheat your grill to medium-high.5 ounces baby spinach leaves, 2 ½ ounces baby arugula, 2 cups chopped strawberries, ½ cup chopped pecans, 1 avocado
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place it on your BBQ. Grill the chicken for 15 minutes, turning halfway. Remove the chicken from the grill and use two forks to shred the meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the chicken to the salad bowl, pour the remaining dressing over the top and toss to coat. Serve right away.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.