This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad with all the juicy, crispy, crunchy, salty, loveable flavors. And don't even get me started on the warm bacon vinaigrette with the most gentle touch of chipotle. Healthy summer salads never looked so good.
Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad! Cause even though the end of summer is in sight, our BBQ game is still going strong.
And with all these juicy, crispy, creamy, crunchy, salty flavors going on here we're never going to want summer (or this grilled chicken cobb salad) to come to an end.
What this grilled chicken cobb salad is all about:
- Seasoned chicken charred on the BBQ that tastes like a bite of summer.
- Crispy salty bacon.
- Warm BACON VINAIGRETTE. ← absolutely worth yelling about.
- Sweet, juicy summer tomatoes.
- Dreamy avocado slices.
- Deliciously jammy eggs.
- Crisp green lettuce.
What you must know about chicken cobb salad, besides the all in one, meal in a bowl, everything you need/ want in life:
It is an easy peasy, all caps LAZY summer salad recipe. The hardest part of this whole deal is peeling the hard-boiled eggs. If we take them out of the equation (not for reals, just for argument sake. def don't leave them out of the salad.) then this cobb salad will be ready to eat as soon as the chicken finishes cooking itself on the BBQ. Here's how to make a cobb salad.
Chicken Cobb Salad Step 1:
Paprika, chili powder, and salt on chicken breasts. BBQ, slice, done.
Chicken Cobb Salad Step 2:
Put eggs and water in a pot. Boil. Easy!
Then crisp some bacon and try not to eat all of it before dinner. Ha! Good luck with that.
Chicken Cobb Salad Step 3:
Take the delicious, smoky fat from your bacon cooking pan and use some of it to make a simple vinaigrette that just so happens to be a paleo cobb salad dressing but far more important is it's the most delicious cobb salad dressing I've personally ever tasted.
Hello, bacon. You really do make everything better.
Now toss everything together and EAT!
And then do it all over again every week until snow covers your BBQ and we live off Lemon Herb Butter Roast Chicken until the sun emerges again in the spring.
A big thank you to Bon Appétit for inspiring both the recipe and the pictures.
Also, try this grilled chicken parm recipe!
Healthy Paleo Salad Recipes:
- Strawberry Avocado Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad with Avocado Ranch
- Easy Asian Coleslaw with Orange Sesame Dressing
- Grilled Peach Salad with Arugula, Candied Curry Pecans, and Honey Vinaigrette
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Sweet Potatoes and Pomegranate
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 10 ounces baby greens
- 3 tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup rendered bacon fat
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar (can sub apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your grill to medium heat. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with the paprika, chili powder, and sea salt. Grill for 20 minutes, flipping halfway. Slice into strips.3 chicken breasts, 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 teaspoon chili powder, ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Fill a pot half full with water and bring it to a boil then reduce the temperature so the water simmers. Add the eggs and let them cook for 7 minutes (no more!) then remove them and put them in a bowl of ice water. When they're cool, peel and cut them in half.3 large eggs
- While the water is heating up, cook the bacon until crispy then remove it from the pan and break it into big chunks.4 slices thick-cut bacon
- Pour all but ¼ cup of the bacon fat out of the pan. Whisk in the sherry vinegar, adobo sauce, dijon, and lime juice. Slowly pour in the olive oil while whisking briskly. Season with salt and pepper.2 tablespoons sherry vinegar, 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, juice from 1 lime, salt and pepper, 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the greens, tomatoes, avocado, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, and grilled chicken on a platter or in a salad bowl and pour the bacon vinaigrette over the top.10 ounces baby greens, 3 tomatoes, 1 avocado
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.