Broccoli Blueberry Salad
This deliciously Tangy Roasted Broccoli Salad is dotted with blueberries, bacon, and pecans. It's the perfect healthy salad recipe. You will LOVE it!
I've been holding out on this recipe for a while. It's not that I don't love you all and want you to have all the good recipes. I do! It's just that I thought this one would be perfect for all things pink day coming up next week.
Seriously, how is it almost Valentine's Day already?
Also, do you have any big V-Day plans? I can't decide whether my handsome man and I should join the throngs of people eating at all the fancy restaurants or if we should stay at home and eat all the Molten Lava Chocolate Cakes. (BTW I have you tried those yet? #todiefor)
If we stay home we should prob start with this Roasted Broccoli Salad. You know, veggies first. (omg I've turned into such a mom.)
Seriously though, this salad isn't just the prettiest color ever, it's super delicious, too.
This Roasted Broccoli Salad of my Dreams
There are so many good things going on in this salad that it's hard not to fall in love with it. It's loaded with crispy bacon and toasted pecans, which makes it all things awesome right there.
Then there are the blueberries. Don't you just love blueberries? I've used frozen blueberries since it's not blueberry season. I know it sounds a little strange, but it totally works. You can add them frozen straight to the salad and they'll thaw before you serve it. They are a little bit soft, which is perfect in this salad.
There's tons of broccoli in here, too. (A roasted broccoli salad with tons of broccoli, go figure. Ha!) But it's true, there is. Three whole heads of it, to be precise. You roast more than half of it until it's crispy and has an almost nutty flavor. It's so delicious.
Then there's the dressing that brings it all together. It's a simple creamy vinaigrette that has the perfect amount of tang to it. You're going to love it!
If you love this Tangy Roasted Broccoli Salad with Blueberries, Bacon, and Pecans as much as I do, make sure you give it a 5-star review in the comments below!
Broccoli Blueberry Salad Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 3 heads broccoli, chopped
- 1 lb bacon, sliced into 1-inch chunks
- 1 ¼ cups toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 cups blueberries
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup plain Greek-style yogurt, see notes
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, can be light
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, very finely minced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place half of the broccoli on a baking sheet then arrange the bacon on top of the broccoli.3 heads broccoli, 1 lb bacon
- Roast the broccoli and bacon in the oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through. It's ready when the bacon is crispy and the broccoli is starting to brown. (You can toast your pecans for 6-7 minutes at this time, too.)
- Add all the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.½ cup plain Greek-style yogurt, ¼ cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, ½ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper, 1 small garlic clove, 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Add the roasted and raw broccoli, crispy bacon, pecans, blueberries, and red onion to a salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and mix well. Serve right away.1 ¼ cups toasted pecans, 2 cups blueberries, ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
We love this recipe and every time we share it, it’s a hit with friends and family. We roast half the broccoli and use frozen broccoli (thawed) instead of the raw. Sometimes we candy the pecans and we often use frozen broccoli. Just love all the flavors!
I’m giving this 2 stars because I used fresh versus frozen blueberries. Otherwise I followed the recipe to a tee. The flavors are indistinguishable and I pretty much taste only one flavor and it’s not too good. If I were to design this recipe, I would not roast the broccoli at all. Maybe parboil it to make it less raw, but the roasted flavor (which I normally love) combined with toasted pecans & smokey bacon is just too heavy.
I’m sorry to hear that it wasn’t a hit for you.
I never would have thought to put frozen blueberries in here! I’ll try it again once I see fresh ones in season. Really tasty!
Fresh ones are so good too!!
Amazing! I roasted all of the broccoli because I’m not a fan of raw, otherwise followed the recipe exactly. The dressing alone is wonderful, and then the addition of some of my favorite ingredients that I never would have put together. Thank you for the recipe!
I’m so happy you liked the recipe! Hooray!!
I am making this dish for a neighborhood gathering tonite. Should I wait to toss all the ingredients together at the last minute or will it hold up in the fridge for a couple of hours?
ps. I made the dressing this am -it’s delicious!!
I would have everything ready to go and then toss it just before you serve it. It does hold up reasonably well, but it’s best when fresh. 🙂
When I make , I willlove it! Anything I’ve tried from you, we’ve loved!!
Awww thank you so much! That makes me really happy to hear!