This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This cilantro lime ranch dressing is a Tex-Mex version of your favorite creamy salad dressing. We make ours with yogurt and a touch of mayo. It has all the ranch flavors you love plus some tangy lime juice and a handful of cilantro.
This ranch is fantastic as a served as a dip, spooned inside burritos or tacos, or poured over a salad. Try using it in our Mexican pasta salad; It's delicious!
Why we love this ranch
- Ranch dressing period is hard not to love. Creamy, classic, and as cozy as a salad dressing can be.
- This version is lightened up by using yogurt, so we feel better about eating more of it. And the tang from the yogurt makes it even tastier than a mayo-laden version.
- Lime and cilantro are star-crossed lovers who turn this classic into a Tex-Mex style ranch that works as well served as a sauce for tacos as it does as a salad dressing.
- It's incredibly easy to make!
Read more: Avocado Ranch Dressing
How to make cilantro lime ranch dressing
It's incredibly easy to make homemade ranch dressing, and this version is no exception.
- Put the ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Now turn it on and let the machine do all the work.
That's it! You've just made your favorite creamy salad dressing!
Ingredients listed in the recipe card below.
How to serve cilantro lime ranch
We love serving this with some crunchy lettuce greens (think romaine hearts, iceberg, or bibb lettuce) with some croutons, grated carrots, and sometimes some sliced radishes if we're getting fancy. But this ranch is super versatile. Here are a few of our other recipes that it does great with:
- Chili Lime Shrimp
- Mexican Pork Carnitas
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Mexican Pasta Salad
- Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
Popular salad dressing recipes
- Creamy Lime Chipotle Dressing
- Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette
- BEST Kale Salad Dressing
- Creamy Lemon Buttermilk Dressing
- Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1 cup greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (can be light)
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon EACH: onion powder and garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Add the ingredients to your food processor or blender and blend on high until mostly smooth.1 cup greek yogurt or sour cream, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, ½ cup cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 teaspoon EACH: onion powder and garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt
- Store for up to a week in a sealed container in your fridge.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.