This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Mexican Pasta Salad recipe is the best ever. It's loaded with creamy avocados, sweet corn, black beans, crunchy green peppers and red onions, pasta. Then it's smothered in a creamy (and easily vegan!) chipotle lime dressing. You will LOVE it!
Warning: I'm even more excited to share this recipe with you than usual.
Here's the thing, when I set out to make this Mexican Pasta Salad I did it as a bit of a challenge. I don't normally like pasta salad (I know, I'm a weirdo) so I wanted to make one that I really liked. I figured that if I could win over the toughest critic (me!) then it must be a really amazing pasta salad.
I also decided that it had to be easily be made into a vegan pasta salad. Making the best pasta salad recipe ever and expecting it to be easily vegan adaptable is no small challenge!
After the first time I made this Mexican Pasta Salad, here's what happened: I went back for three (3!!!) servings. I've never in my life taken even a second serving so this was groundbreaking.
What makes this Mexican Pasta Salad so amazing
- It is LOADED with all the good things. This is not a pasta salad that is all pasta with some creamy dressing. It is the perfect mix of contrasting flavors and textures and interesting with every bite.
- Creamy avocados and black beans, crunchy jalapeños and green peppers, sweet corn and cherry tomatoes, and delicious cilantro.
- The chipotle lime dressing. You guys, it's so good. It's creamy with a touch of smoky heat and a tang of lime. It's delicious.
- There is so much going on in this pasta salad that you would easily eat this as dinner.
- And the leftovers keep very well. Think healthy meal prep work/ school lunches!
The Creamy Chipotle Lime Dressing
Any pasta salad recipe is only as good as what it's tossed in and this Mexican Pasta Salad is no different. What I've made for us is the most delicious chipotle lime dressing.
That spoonful of sauce up there is a magical, Mexican salad dressing.
It's made with freshly squeezed lime juice, chipotle sauce, garlic, a little oregano, and thick Greek yogurt. To make this a vegan pasta salad, simply use your favorite vegan yogurt or vegan mayo. So easy!
Note: if you try the dressing before you pour it over the pasta salad you'll think it's too salty. That's because the dressing needs to be salty enough to flavor all the pasta, tomatoes, beans, corn, and all the other good things in the salad. Once you pour it on and toss it, you'll see that it's perfect.
Watch the Mexican Pasta Salad video
Healthy Pasta Recipes:
- Warm Caprese Pesto Pasta
- Deliciously Rich Lentil Bolognese
- One Pot Vegan Pasta with Spicy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
- Green Goddess Pasta Bowls
- Creamiest Dairy-Free Tomato Cream Sauce
Mexican Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces dried pasta
- 2 cups frozen corn (thawed)
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 15 ounce can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 green pepper (minced)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 1 jalapeño (finely minced)
Chipotle Lime Dressing
- ¾ cup greek yogurt (see notes)
- ½ cup lime juice (fresh is best)
- ¼ cup avocado oil (or another neutral-flavored oil)
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce (the sauce that comes in jars of chipotle peppers)
- 1 teaspoon EACH: oregano and sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta to the pot and cook according to the package directions, until the pasta is al dente. Drain and set aside.8 ounces dried pasta
- While the pasta is cooking, add all the chipotle lime dressing ingredients to a 2-cup mason jar and shake to mix.¾ cup greek yogurt, ½ cup lime juice, ¼ cup avocado oil, 3 tablespoons adobo sauce, 1 teaspoon EACH: oregano and sea salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, 1 clove garlic
- Place the cooked pasta, corn, cherry tomatoes, black beans, red onion, cilantro, green pepper, avocado, and jalapeño in a large salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to mix everything together.2 cups halved cherry tomatoes, 15 ounce can of black beans, ¼ cup minced red onion, ¼ cup chopped cilantro, 1 green pepper, 1 avocado, 1 jalapeño, 2 cups frozen corn
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.