This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This lemon buttermilk dressing is light, creamy, and tangy. It's a delicious salad dressing recipe that goes well with broccoli coleslaw or your favorite greens.
This buttermilk dressing is a staple in our home, especially during the summer months when we crave something light and fresh tasting.
Why we love this buttermilk dressing
- Tangy buttermilk and lemon juice were made for each other.
- It's the ideal creamy coleslaw dressing.
- Bright and fresh tasting.
- Only 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise. That's right, this is a healthy buttermilk salad dressing. The little bit of mayo gives the dressing some depth without loading it down.
- It keeps for a week in your fridge so it's perfect for meal prep!
Try it on our Classic Broccoli Coleslaw:
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Creamy Salad Dressing Recipes
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Creamy Sunflower Seed Salad Dressing
- BEST Green Goddess Salad Dressing
- Avocado Pesto Salad Dressing
- Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Creamy Lime Chipotle Dressing
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 lemons (zest and juice)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip!)
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic (very finely minced)
- Add all the ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and whisk together.¾ cup buttermilk, 2 lemons, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 ½ tablespoons honey, ½ teaspoon sea salt, 1 clove garlic
- Keeps well for a week in your fridge. Shake before using.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.