This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sesame ginger dressing is easy to make and has tons of flavor. It's a creamy salad dressing that is made with Asian flavors like tahini, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. You'll love it poured over your greens or coleslaw!
You'll always find at least one homemade salad dressing in a jar in our fridge, and lately, it's been this one.
The sesame and ginger give it an unmistakably Asian taste and the tahini makes it deliciously creamy.
A little rice vinegar, soy sauce (or coco aminos), some garlic, and a little honey or maple syrup to sweeten the deal are all you'll need to make this recipe.
More uses for this Asian salad dressing
While this is made for salads and coleslaw, it's a versatile recipe.
- Add some extra tahini (so it's thicker) and use it as a dip.
- Use it to marinate chicken or tofu.
- Pour it over rice.
How to make sesame ginger salad dressing
- Grab a bowl, a whisk, and a jar.
- Now put the ingredients into the bowl and whisk until the dressing is nice and creamy.
- Pour a little onto some greens then put the rest into the fridge for tomorrow's salad.
What to serve with a sesame ginger salad
Turn this into a full meal with one of these mains:
Popular salad dressing recipes
- Peanut Salad Dressing
- Japanese Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing
- Lemon Orange Salad Dressing
- Sesame Orange Vinaigrette
- Lemon Tahini Dressing
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons EACH: sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, and soy sauce (gluten-free or coco aminos, as needed)
- 2 tablespoons EACH: tahini and honey (can sub maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 pinch salt
- Whisk the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl until nice and creamy.¼ cup cooking oil, 3 tablespoons EACH: sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, and soy sauce (gluten-free or coco aminos, as needed), 2 tablespoons EACH: tahini and honey, 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger, 2 cloves garlic, 1 pinch salt
- Store for up to a week in your fridge.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.