This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This delicious Avocado Cucumber Salad is the perfect healthy summer side dish recipe. It's super easy to make and has tons of flavor.
This Avocado Cucumber Salad was a favorite of mine for a long time. It's crazy easy to make and the crunchy cucumbers with the creamy avocados is a combo that's hard not to fall in love with.
The original recipe comes from Bon Appétit. I've adapted the recipe mostly by changing the process of how it is made and how it is served. I like to keep things simple so the recipe is altered to reflect that. I've made it the original way and my way both many times and my simple version tastes just as good as the original.
Here's to keeping life simple!
READ MORE: Creamy Cucumber Salad
Everything works about this salad: the crunchy but slightly softened cucumbers, the creamy avocados, the earthy cilantro, and the hint of spice that tingles your tongue.
That this salad can be made ahead of time and transports easily is a bonus. For some serious cuteness factor, put it in single-serving sized mason jars and pack it along for your picnic. Or make a giant bowl of it and bring it to a BBQ, or serve this perfect side dish at your own party.
Also, make sure to try our favorite kale salad!
What's up with pre-salting the cucumbers …
Making this cucumber and avocado salad requires you to do something called maceration, or so Bon Appétit says. It's basically tossing the cucumbers in a little salt and sugar then letting them sit at room temperature while some of the juice is drawn out of them.
The process softens the cucumber just a little and makes a sort of dressing for the salad. Yum!
If you make this Cucumber Avocado Salad make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
- ¼ cup minced ginger
- 2 English cucumbers (quartered and sliced)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 Thai red chili (sliced)
- 4 stalks celery (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon neutral-flavored oil
- Juice from ½ lime
- 2 avocados (diced)
- ¼ cup EACH: basil leaves and cilantro (chopped)
- Place the ginger, cucumbers, sea salt, sugar, garlic, and red chili in a large salad bowl and mix well. Set the bowl aside on your counter for a half-hour.¼ cup minced ginger, 2 English cucumbers, 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, 4 cloves garlic, 1 Thai red chili
- Add the celery, oil, and lime juice to the salad bowl and toss well. Season to taste with sea salt.4 stalks celery, 1 tablespoon neutral-flavored oil, Juice from ½ lime
- Add the diced avocados, basil, and cilantro and gently toss once more. Serve within a half hour.2 avocados, ¼ cup EACH: basil leaves and cilantro
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.