This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cool off this summer with a pitcher of naturally-sweetened cucumber lemonade! With just fresh cucumber juice, honey, and lemon juice, it's a healthy and refreshing drink you can sip all season-long. You don't need any fancy equipment to make it, and it's ready in just 10 minutes!
For more refreshing cucumber drinks, try our cool and crisp cucumber margarita!
Here's a refreshing twist on classic lemonade that's perfect for cucumber season. It's a naturally-sweetened recipe with the added benefits of cucumber juice, and it tastes like you're at the spa!
Since water sometimes just doesn't cut it, summer drinks are how we stay hydrated on hot days. We have a repertoire of easy-to-make homemade lemonade recipes and we always have a pitcher of something in the fridge.
Making cucumber lemonade from scratch is much easier than you think, too. Just blend up a cucumber, strain it, stir it together with the other ingredients, and chill it with ice.
Enjoy this cucumber lemonade recipe as-is, or have fun putting your own spin on it. It's a healthy summer drink you can feel good about serving, and kids love it, too!
Cucumber Lemonade Ingredients
You only need four simple ingredients to make this cool and crisp recipe for cucumber lemonade. Here's everything you need:
- Honey – we use honey as a natural sweetener but you can also use maple syrup or agave syrup if you prefer. Simple syrup made with white sugar would also do the trick.
- English cucumber – English cucumbers are easy to find and they have a delicate sweetness. Other varieties of cucumbers also work if that's what you have on hand.
- Lemon juice – fresh lemon juice is best for that bright pop of lemonade flavor!
You don't need a fancy juicer to make cucumber juice (although you can certainly use it if you have one). Just a regular blender will do the trick!
How to make cucumber lemonade
This cucumber lemonade is a refreshing spin on classic lemonade, and it's a quick and easy recipe. All you need are a few ingredients, a blender, and a fine mesh sieve. Let's make some!
- Dissolve the honey in a cup of warm tap water.
- Blend the whole cucumbers to liquefy them.
- Strain the cucumber juice to remove the cucumber pulp.
- Stir the honey water, cucumber juice, fresh lemon juice, and remaining water together in a pitcher with ice. Garnish with fresh lemon and cucumber slices. Enjoy!
Cucumber lemonade variations
Like all homemade lemonade recipes, there's always room for improvisation. Here are a few delicious ways to put a spin on this cucumber lemonade:
- Turn it into cucumber mint lemonade by adding fresh herbs like fresh mint or lemon balm.
- Make it bubbly by replacing half the water with sparkling water or soda water.
- Make it spicy by muddling a few jalapeño slices into the pitcher.
- Turn it into a boozy cocktail with some gin or vodka.
- Make it a ginger lemonade by adding some ginger juice or muddling some ginger slices in the pitcher.
- Replace some of the lemon juice with freshly squeezed lime juice.
When to serve cucumber lemonade
This cucumber lemonade is what we make to cool down on hot summer days. It's the perfect laid-back drink for patio sipping and backyard barbecues. It also makes a great mocktail for baby showers, wedding showers, and celebrations of all kinds!
Can I use fresh cucumber juice instead?
Of course! If you have a juicer or some freshly squeezed cucumber juice on hand, feel free to use it. You'll need about ½ cup.
How long does it keep in the fridge?
You can store this cucumber lemonade in a sealed container or jar with a lid in your refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you're hosting, you can prepare it ahead of time! Just wait to add the cucumber and lemon slices until you're ready to serve it.
Is this lemonade really sweet?
No, we prefer our lemonade to be refreshing and not overly sweet. If you have a big sweet tooth, you may want to add some extra honey so it's sweetened to your preference.
Will a regular blender work to make the cucumber juice?
Yes! Although a high-powered blender does work best, you can absolutely make this with a regular blender. All that you have to do is add about 1 cup of the water to help it blend.
- ½ cup honey
- 6 cups water (divided)
- 1 English cucumber (chopped)
- ½ cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed is best!)
- In a cup, mix the honey with 1 cup of hot tap water.½ cup honey
- Put the cucumber into your blender and blend on high speed for 30 seconds, until it is liquid. If your blender has trouble blending the cucumber, add a cup of water.1 English cucumber
- Set a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl and strain the cucumber juice to remove the pulp.
- Pour the honey water, cucumber juice, lemon juice, and remaining 5 cups of cold water into a pitcher. Add ice to chill and slices of cucumber and lemons to garnish.½ cup lemon juice
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.