Mini Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizer Bites with Lemon Dill Cream Cheese
These little cucumber and smoked salmon appetizer bites are as delicious as they are pretty. They make a perfect light start to dinner and are a hit at any party. And don't worry, assembling them is much easier (and faster) than it looks.
Are these not the cutest little appetizers ever, or what?! I had planned to share these with you yesterday, just in time for Mother's Day, but then the day flew by and I totally missed it. I'm sorry!
You don't have to wait until next year just to make these adorable smoked salmon appetizer bites. With summer just around the corner, these guys are what you want to bring along to all of your outdoor parties. There's no need to look any further for smoked salmon appetizer recipes. This one is it. Seriously, your friends will love you for it.
Why you need to make these smoked salmon appetizer bites
- Crunchy cucumbers + lemony cream cheese + rich smoked salmon + a touch of dill = delicious
- They're so pretty! And let's be honest, pretty food is more fun to eat.
- You can look like a rockstar at your next part. Just don't tell anyone how easy it is to make these little bites.
- They're gluten-free, which can be rare for party appetizers.
- There's just something about smoked salmon cream cheese appetizers that are impossible to resist. It's seriously the best combo.
- I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't love these little guys.
There are few things better than smoky salmon, crunchy cucumbers, and lemony cream cheese. It's classic, my friends. All I've done here is pretty them up a bit so they are party perfect.
But don't worry, these pretty little bites are a breeze to make. Looks are totally deceiving! I've used mini cucumbers so they are truly bite-sized and then rolled up tiny slivers of lox-style smoked salmon. The lemony dill cream cheese is pipped on, which is WAY easier than dolloping it on my the spoonful. And prettier. Obvs.
I brought these cucumber smoked salmon appetizer bites to an Oscar party a while ago and they disappeared in about 2 seconds flat. No joke. You'll want to make lots of these guys and have a whole smoked salmon appetizer platter. 🙂
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Easy Appetizer Recipes:
- Sesame Pineapple Sausage Bites
- Easy Marinated Olives and Almonds
- Bacon Scallop Lollipops with Honey Sriracha Glaze
- Mini BLT Cups
- Spicy Harissa Hummus Platter
- Crispy Eggplant Fries with Chipotle Aioli
These little cucumber and smoked salmon appetizer bites are as delicious as they are pretty. They make a perfect light start to a dinner and are a hit at any party. And don't worry, assembling them is much easier (and faster) than it looks.
| gluten-free + keto |
For the lemon dill cream cheese:
- 3/4 cup cream cheese (do not use light cream cheese)
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 small garlic clove, grated on a Microplane or very finely minced
- A pinch of sea salt
- 3 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 5 ounces cold smoked salmon (lox)
- Dill and fresh cracked pepper, to garnish
- Add all the lemon dill cream cheese ingredients to a medium-sized bowl. Use electric beaters to whip together. Transfer the cream cheese to a piping bag fitted with a star attachment, or use a small resealable plastic bag and cut off the tip.
- Lay the cucumber slices out on a serving tray. Roll small strips of the smoked salmon and place them on top of the cucumber slices. Pipe the cream cheese on top of the salmon and garnish with a little fresh dill and fresh cracked pepper.
The lemon dill cream cheese can be made up to two days in advance and kept in your fridge until you are ready to assemble the cucumber smoked salmon appetizer bites.