Tzatziki Avocado Salmon Rolls
Tzatziki Avocado Salmon Rolls are the perfect party appetizer. They're totally delicious, easy to make, super pretty, and healthy. Bonus: they can be made ahead of time!
I wish I could tell you that I came up with the idea for these Tzatziki Avocado Salmon Rolls all by myself, but I can't. The credit for these goes to the chefs at Summer Fresh.
And it wouldn't be an exaggeration to call them genius. These salmon rolls are pretty much insane. I've made them several times over the past week, and now, looking at these pictures, I want to make them again. They're seriously amazing.
Why you'll fall in love with these Tzatziki Avocado Salmon Rolls
- Smoked salmon (aka lox) that is tender and a little bit salty and a little bit smoky and a whole lot delicious.
- Avocado. Because we all know that avocados rule the world.
- Tangy, Extra Thick Summer Fresh Tzatziki. ← this stuff is so good!
- So pretty! Yes, this is a serious reason why you'll love this. If you decide to share them (and I'm not judging if you don't!) then everyone is going to ooh and aaaah when you bring them out.
- These smoked salmon rolls are gluten-free and low-carb and awesome.
- While they're totally party-perfect, they also make an easy and healthy lunch. Think sushi without the carbs.
See that tzatziki up there? It's one of the many delicious dips and spreads that Summer Fresh makes. Have you tried it?
I've been eating it non-stop for the past week, mostly in these salmon rollups. #obsessed. I have another container in my fridge and I've been eyeing up a few of the recipes on the Summer Fresh website:
- Prosciutto Wrapped Tzatziki Shrimp
- Souvlaki with Taboulah
- Tzatziki Mozzarella Spicy Wedges and Ribs
- Tzatziki Feta Melon Stars
Which do you think I should make first?
To be totally honest, the recipes on Summer Fresh are awesome. Please promise me you'll check out their appy recipes. There's no possible way you won't be drooling over the pictures. I seriously want to eat them all.
Just like the label says, this tzatziki is extra thick. What you don't see on the label is how good it tastes. It's perfectly tangy and super scoopable.
Salmon roll-ups should never again be without it.
Life should never be without it.
How to make Tzatziki Avocado Salmon Rolls
Luckily for us, smoked salmon rolls are super easy to make. Don't be at all intimidated by their prettiness.
- Mix a couple of tablespoons of Summer Fresh Extra Thick Tzatziki with some lime juice and chives.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on your table. Take slices of smoked salmon and lay them overlapping on the plastic wrap. You want to make a rectangle shape.
- Spread the tzatziki on the salmon, add some cucumber slices, avocado, and a little sprinkle of chives.
- Now roll it up just like a sushi master. ← this part might sound hard but the plastic wrap keeps the salmon together and makes it really easy.
- Now sprinkle some sesame seeds over top, cut it into 12 pieces, and pop your rolls on cucumber slices.
See how easy that was?
If you'd like you can place the cucumber slices on little crackers as the recipe on the Summer Fresh Appys Recipe page has. I think a gluten-free rice cracker would be perfectly crunchy.
What to serve with this smoked salmon roll?
No one would complain if you made a bunch of these salmon rollups and they were the only thing you served at your party. But with all the delicious appy recipes at Summer Fresh, I think we should make a few.
They have forty-nine (49!!!) appetizer recipes to choose from and they all look amazing. Here are my favorites:
- Moroccan Kefta Pomegranate Kebabs
- Spicy Hummus Mini Grilled Cheese
- Baba Ghanouj & Red Pepper Vegetarian Meatballs
- Artichoke Asiago Spinach Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- Beet Tzatziki Slices
- Mini Spicy Cheese Bites
I need to stop myself from listing all the Summer Fresh appy recipes here. It's hard to rein myself in when they all look so good!
Which would you choose to serve with the salmon avocado rolls?
Watch the Tzatziki Avocado Salmon Rolls Video!
Subscribe to see more of my videos
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL’S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Party Appetizers
- Roasted Caramelized Onion Dip
- Seared Tuna Bites with Olive Tapenade
- Sesame Pineapple Sausage Bites
- Bacon Scallop Lollipops
- Chorizo Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- Mini Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizer Bites
Tzatziki Avocado Salmon Rolls
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 2 tablespoons Summer Fresh Extra Thick Tzatziki
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, divided (plus extra whole chives for garnish)
- Juice from ¼ lime
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 5 oz (150 gram) wild smoked salmon (lox)
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 8 thin strips (with the seeds removed and 12 rounds)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, I like a mix of white and black
- In a small bowl, mix together the Summer Fresh Extra Thick Tzatziki, 1 teaspoon of the minced chives, and the lime juice.2 tablespoons Summer Fresh Extra Thick Tzatziki, Juice from ¼ lime
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap (about 16 inches long) on your table. Place the smoked salmon on top of the plastic, overlapping the pieces to make a 12″ x 7″ rectangle. Pat them down gently so they stick together.5 oz (150 gram) wild smoked salmon (lox)
- Spread the tzatziki over the salmon. Lay the avocado slices down the center of the salmon, top with the cucumber strips, and sprinkle the remaining chives over the top.½ ripe avocado
- Using the plastic to help you, roll the salmon tightly then sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top.2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- OPTIONAL STEP: refrigerate the roll for 15 minutes to make slicing it easier.
- Slice the salmon roll into 12 pieces, place them on cucumber slices, and top with 2 small chives on each.
Minunată și dietetică!
These look amazing. My family would love these.
This did not work at all for me. I followed the directions exactly, but when I tried to cut the salmon into rolls, it just squished the whole thing and looked terrible. Taste was average.
They can be a little tricky to cut, especially if you skipped the optional step of putting them into the fridge for a bit.
Can I use sashimi grade salmon instead of smoked?
It would change the flavor of the recipe, but it could still be quite good. You’ll want to slice it super thin so I suggest cutting the salmon when it is still partly frozen as it will be easier to slice thin.
Where do we buy Tzatziki? Looks great but I’ve never seen this product! Thank you!
It’s sold in the deli section at grocery stores. 🙂
These are so good!! Yummyyyyyyy!!!!
I’m so happy to hear that the recipe as a hit!
This may be a silly question but…. The smoked salmon, is it cooked or raw? I love salmon but I am new to cooking fish…… I usually only have it when I am out….. Thank you!!
Smoked salmon (salmon lox) is curred salmon. Here’s an example of what to look for in the grocery store. But it’s much less expensive in a grocery store. 🙂
Can you freeze these?
I haven’t tried freezing it so I’m not sure.
A+++ These are soo good. Absolutely delicious. I didn’t have the special zatziki so I subbed cream cheese. I’ll try the zatziki for sure. I made a ponzu sauce for dipping. Everyone raved about them. And they disappeared fast.
Thank you for an easy and wonderful recipe…. the sesame seeds really make them special.
I’m so happy to hear the recipe turned out well!
Can leftovers be refrigerated for a couple days
They will be safe to eat for a couple of days but they won’t look as pretty. I’ve eaten the leftovers the next day, but I wouldn’t make them ahead that far to serve to guests. 🙂
So what is drizzled over them? there is no mention of what this is..
Literally making them right now- so if you can let me know I would appreciate it.
Having a very hard time rolling it up..
There’s nothing drizzled, just the sesame seeds you add before you roll them. They are a touch tricky, especially if they’re warm. If you’re having trouble, make sure to pop them into your fridge to chill them first. 🙂