Sesame Pineapple Sausage Bites
These super delicious Pineapple Sausage Bites are an easy to make appetizer perfect for your party. Keep it simple and serve them in a bowl or get fancy and skewer them on toothpicks. Either way, your guests will LOVE these!
Super cute appetizer alert!
You need Sesame Pineapple Sausage Bites in your life because:
- The sweet pineapple, the flavorful sausage, and the sesame glaze with just the right amount of spice is vying for the Best Appy Ever Award.
- We all need a pretty appetizer recipe that is easy to make but makes us look like kitchen stars.
- Having a few gluten-free appetizers is a must at parties these days. These Pineapple Sausage Bites are also dairy-free and paleo so you'll be covering your bases with your healthy eating friends.
- Easter is just around the corner and Easter dinners need appetizers. So does Easter brunch, IMO.
- After Easter is Mother's Day and after that are bridal shower and baby showers and all the fun summer parties that deserve an equally fun appy.
- Then there are game day parties. Little bites on sticks might be a bit too fancy for that which is no problem for these Sesame Pineapple Sausage Bites. All you need is a bowl with some toothpicks on the side and your guests can dig in with no fuss needed. (See the pic below for proof.)
Did you see that transformation? Sesame Pineapple Sausage Bites on sticks to Sesame Pineapple Sausage Bites in a bowl … Bam! So easy!
I really wanted to be able to tell you guys that I like them (____) way, but I can't choose a favorite. It totally depends on the party/ how I'm feeling. I mean, bite-sized party food on sticks is always fun, but a bowl of sesame glazed sausage bites with caramelized pineapples is super awesome, too.
How's a girl to choose?
The sausage I've used in this recipe is Grimm's Fine Foods Polish sausage. Have you tried it? It's a naturally smoked sausage that works perfectly in these appetizer bites.
It's also gluten-free, lactose-free, soy free, and has no MSG added. Awesome all around.
If you can't find their Polish Sausage, they also make a Mennonite-Style Farmer Sausage and Fine Garlic Sausage that are delicious.
I buy Grimm's products quite often and have loved all that I have tried. When I was doing The Whole30 Program their breakfast sausages saved me. It's so hard to find compliant breakfast sausage! You might remember I used it in the Egg and Sausage Stuffed Peppers recipe I shared a while ago.
Their chorizo is something I keep on hand nearly all the time.
These pretty little Sesame Pineapple Bites are as easy as pie to make. Only pie is not all that easy so forget what I just said. (That saying must come from someone who made a lot of pies in her day.)
They are about as easy to make as SAYING pie.
→ Slice the Polish Sausage and brown it in your biggest frying pan.
→ Make a quick sauce with the juice from the can of pineapples.
→ Put the pineapple slices in the pan for a couple of minutes so they get a nice caramelized color.
→ Pour the sauce into the pan and let it bubble away until it is syrupy and coats the sausages in a tasty glaze.
→ Either serve the pineapple sausage bites in a bowl or get fancy and skewer a piece of pineapple and a piece of sausage on a toothpick.
That's it! See how easy that was? Sesame Pineapple Sausage Bites for the win!
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
EASY APPETIZER RECIPES
- Easy Marinated Olives
- Cheesy Roasted Garlic Artichoke Olive Dip
- Roasted Caramelized Onion Dip
- Bacon Scallop Lollipops
- Mini BLT Cups
- Chorizo Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Sesame Pineapple Sausage Bites
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 Grimm's Fine Foods Polish Sausage, cut into 1-inch slices (see notes)
- 14 ounce can of sliced pineapple, pineapple rings
- 2 tablespoons EACH: honey and sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon EACH: balsamic vinegar and soy sauce, or sub coco aminos for paleo
- Optional: 1 teaspoon sriracha
- Chopped cilantro and sesame seeds, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the Grimm's Fine Foods Polish Sausage and cook, stirring the sausage bites occasionally, until they are brown on both sides, about 10 minutes. Remove the sausage bites from the pan.1 teaspoon oil, 1 Grimm's Fine Foods Polish Sausage
- While the sausages are cooking, prepare the glaze. Drain the pineapple juice from the can into a small bowl. Whisk in the honey, sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and (if using) the sriracha.14 ounce can of sliced pineapple, 2 tablespoons EACH: honey and sesame oil, 1 tablespoon EACH: balsamic vinegar and soy sauce, Optional: 1 teaspoon sriracha
- Cut the pineapple rings into quarters. When sausage bites come out of the pan put the pineapple in. Cook the pineapple pieces for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are lightly browned and starting to caramelize. Remove the pineapple from the pan.
- Put the sausages back into the pan and pour in the glaze. Bring the pan to a boil and boil rapidly until the glaze thickens enough to coat the sausage bites, about 3-4 minutes.
- Either add the pineapple pieces back into the pan, toss gently, then transfer the sausage bites and pineapple to a bowl to serve OR skewer one piece of pineapple and one sausage bite on a toothpick and plate on a platter. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and a little cilantro on top and serve right away.
Had this last night when we had company over, EVERYONE was so excited about this appetizer! Thanks for sharing! Happy cooking.
That’s so awesome to hear! Yay!
Can these be made earlier and served at room temperature?
Yes! Just try not to serve them straight out of the fridge because they are not their best when cold.
Hi! I don’t believe Grimm;s is sold at a store near me. Is there another sausage you can recommend that would go well with this appetizer?
I’m not sure about other brands but I if Grimm’s isn’t available where you live I would look for another garlic sausage. 🙂
I love sausage stuffed mushrooms and you can never go wrong with a meat and cheese platter.
My favorite appetizer that I love making is my cream cheese sausage and sliced baby tomatoes on philodough thank you for the chance
That sounds seriously amazing!!
We love making sasuage stuffed mushrooms
Those sound amazing! I bet Grimm’s breakfast sausage would be great stuffed in mushrooms!
My favourite party appetizer is bacon wrapped meatballs
Whoa those sound great!!
usually meat balls cus you can stick them into toothpicks
Toothpick appies are the best, aren’t they?!
We make a wonderful hot bacon & cheese dip in a breadbowl which is amazing!
That sounds crazy good!!
Our favorite party appetizer is nachos! 🙂
That’s what I’m making for dinner tonight!
I love sweet and sour meatballs and dips for appetizers
Mmmm sweet and sour meatballs!
That is like asking me to choose a favorite grandchild! All are loved for something special, but have to admit, at last night’s party … where we all brought appies and had a huge buffet of them .. I kept going back to the guacamole, 3 layer dip with scoopers. Oh, and also the korean pork and the mushroom puffs. can’t wait to try the pineapple sausage bites to be the ‘star of the show’ at our next gathering!
Hahahah I totally know what you mean! Choosing just one favorite is so hard!
I love Grimms meats, and the only gluten free that I buy. Great recipes to try.
I’m so happy to hear that you like them, too! We love Grimm’s!!
Sausage rolls and chicken wings but now likely to be these ! ? Yum! Pineapple ?
I hope these take over the number 1 spot!!
My favorite party appetizers are mushroom tarts. They are so delicious!
Mushroom tarts sound amazing!
Soon to be this
I love a good charcuterie board!
Always so good! I love to add Grimm’s garlic sausage to my charcuterie boards.
I like pizza rolls and spinach dip with bread and veggies. Yum!
Such great choices!
Great snack/meal options that all look so yummy
Thank you so much!!
My favourite party appitizers is deviled eggs and meatballs.
Devilled eggs are always so good!
we love honey garlic wings
Those are my favs!
We love chicken wigs and meatballs for appetizers.
Chicken wings are always so good!
Since I try to be healthy while entertaining , I love making homemade hummus and I like to lightly grill my veggies that I use for dipping . Rather leave the calories for the wine . LOL
Haha I’m so with you there girl! Love your idea about serving hummus with grilled veggies. yum!
My favorite appetizer is garlic chicken wings!
Mmm mmm garlic wings!
I like making hot cheese dips as well as platters with cheese, sausages, crackers, and veggies for appetizers.
Hot cheese dips are so good!
Bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers have always been a fave of mine!
I love them, too!!
I love making taco meatballs.
Taco meatballs sound delicious!!
chicken wings are always a crowd favorite!
I love chicken wings too!
cheese and crackers
Such a great classic combo!
My favorite party appetizer is a relish plate or meat and cheese plate. There are so many great ones it’s hard to choose just one!!
Choosing favorites is always so hard, isn’t it?!
It’s always been a cheese and fruit platter but this might be my new fave!
I’m crossing my fingers these will be your new fav!
I love honey garlic meatballs but if I have the time I like to make spring rolls.
Such great choices!
My favourite party appetizer are mini spring rolls!
I love spring rolls too!
Bacon Stuffed Devilled Eggs.