Sesame Pineapple Sausage Bites
These super delicious Pineapple Sausage Bites are an easy to make appetizer perfect for your party. Keep it simple and serve them in a bowl or get fancy and skewer them on toothpicks. Either way, your guests will LOVE these!
Super cute appetizer alert!
I'm calling these guys Sesame Pineapple Sausage Bites and you NEED them in your life because:
- The sweet pineapple, the flavorful sausage, and the sesame glaze with just the right amount of spice is vying for the Best Appy Ever Award.
- We all need a pretty appetizer recipe that is easy to make but makes us look like kitchen stars.
- Having a few gluten-free appetizers is a must at parties these days. These Pineapple Sausage Bites are also dairy-free and paleo so you'll be covering your bases with your healthy eating friends.
- Easter is just around the corner and Easter dinners need appetizers. So does Easter brunch, IMO.
- After Easter is Mother's Day and after that are bridal shower and baby showers and all the fun summer parties that deserve an equally fun appy.
- Then there are game day parties. Little bites on sticks might be a bit too fancy for that which is no problem for these Sesame Pineapple Sausage Bites. All you need is a bowl with some toothpicks on the side and your guests can dig in with no fuss needed. (See the pic below for proof.)
PS. I'm co-hosting a giveaway with Grimm's Fine Foods. Make sure to enter just above the recipe!
Did you see that transformation? Sesame Pineapple Sausage Bites on sticks to Sesame Pineapple Sausage Bites in a bowl … Bam! So easy!
I really wanted to be able to tell you guys that I like them (____) way, but I can't choose a favorite. It totally depends on the party/ how I'm feeling. I mean, bite-sized party food on sticks is always fun, but a bowl of sesame glazed sausage bites with caramelized pineapples is super awesome, too.
How's a girl to choose?
The sausage I've used in this recipe is Grimm's Fine Foods Polish Sausage. Have you tried it? It's a naturally smoked sausage that works perfectly in these appetizer bites.
It's also gluten-free, lactose-free, soy free, and has no MSG added. Awesome all around.
If you can't find their Polish Sausage, they also make a Mennonite-Style Farmer Sausage and Fine Garlic Sausage that are delicious.
I buy Grimm's products quite often and have loved all that I have tried. When I was doing The Whole30 Program their breakfast sausages saved me. It's so hard to find compliant breakfast sausage! You might remember I used it in the Egg and Sausage Stuffed Peppers recipe I shared a while ago.
Their chorizo is something I keep on hand nearly all the time. Have a look for it next time you're shopping at IGA!
These pretty little Sesame Pineapple Bites are as easy as pie to make. Only pie is not all that easy so forget what I just said. (That saying must come from someone who made a lot of pies in her day.)
They are about as easy to make as SAYING pie.
→ Slice the Polish Sausage and brown it in your biggest frying pan.
→ Make a quick sauce with the juice from the can of pineapples.
→ Put the pineapple slices in the pan for a couple of minutes so they get a nice caramelized color.
→ Pour the sauce into the pan and let it bubble away until it is syrupy and coats the sausages in a tasty glaze.
→ Either serve the pineapple sausage bites in a bowl or get fancy and skewer a piece of pineapple and a piece of sausage on a toothpick.
That's it! See how easy that was? Sesame Pineapple Sausage Bites for the win!
Grimm's Fine Foods Easter Giveaway!
Grimm's has offered to give one lucky winner a $100 prize pack full of their products, including the Polish Sausage so you can make these Sesame Pineapple Sausage Bites! Increase your chances of winning by entering up to seven times by following both our Instagram and Facebook accounts, tweeting a message, pinning an image, and leaving a comment on this post.
(Note: as much as we love all of you, we are only able to ship to a Canadian address.)
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
EASY APPETIZER RECIPES
- Easy Marinated Olives
- Cheesy Roasted Garlic Artichoke Olive Dip
- Roasted Caramelized Onion Dip
- Bacon Scallop Lollipops
- Mini BLT Cups
- Chorizo Stuffed Mushroom Caps
These super delicious Pineapple Sausage Bites are a simple and easy to make appetizer perfect for your party. Keep it simple and serve them in a bowl or get fancy and skewer them on toothpicks. Either way, your guests will LOVE these!
| gluten-free + dairy-free + paleo |
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 Grimm's Fine Foods Polish Sausage, cut into 1-inch slices (see notes)
- 1 – 398 ml can of sliced pineapple (pineapple rings)
- 2 tablespoons each: honey and sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon each: balsamic vinegar and soy sauce (or sub coco aminos for paleo)
- Optional: 1 teaspoon sriracha
- Chopped cilantro and sesame seeds, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the Grimm's Fine Foods Polish Sausage and cook, stirring the sausage bites occasionally, until they are brown on both sides, about 10 minutes. Remove the sausage bites from the pan.
- While the sausages are cooking, prepare the glaze. Drain the pineapple juice from the can into a small bowl. Whisk in the honey, sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and (if using) the sriracha.
- Cut the pineapple rings into quarters. When sausage bites come out of the pan put the pineapple in. Cook the pineapple pieces for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are lightly browned and starting to caramelize. Remove the pineapple from the pan.
- Put the sausages back into the pan and pour in the glaze. Bring the pan to a boil and boil rapidly until the glaze thickens enough to coat the sausage bites, about 3-4 minutes.
- Either add the pineapple pieces back into the pan, toss gently, then transfer the sausage bites and pineapple to a bowl to serve OR skewer one piece of pineapple and one sausage bite on a toothpick and plate on a platter. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and a little cilantro on top and serve right away.