Doesn't it feel like we're running head first into the best season of the year? I broke my no Christmas before December talk the other day with you, and here I'm about to do it again. Maybe it's because of little Ava, but this year I'm extra excited about the holidays.
Or maybe I'm extra excited because of these Red Wine Chorizo Bites. You guys, they're kind of ridiculously delicious. They're also insanely easy to make. Read: perfect for a Christmas party, tree decorating, New Year's Eve party, or for an impromptu holiday get together.
Or you could make them on a random Tuesday (today!), pour yourself a glass of wine and call it dinner. Trust me, I would never judge!
Your quick and easy red wine chorizo bite game plan:
♡ Slice up some deliciously spicy chorizo and put it in a pan with a splash of olive oil.
♡ Sear that chorizo until it looks almost charred.
♡ Pour some honey and red wine into the pan. (I used Cavit Select Red Blend and it was delish)
♡ Let the ‘sauce' bubble away until it transforms itself into a sweet and sticky glaze.
Red Wine Chorizo Bites might be the easiest hot appetizer ever. If you like to be super OCD organized for your party (like me!) then you can sear the chorizo and pour the honey and wine into the pan. You can set it aside on your stove until peeps arrive then turn the heat on again to quickly reduce the sauce into a glaze.
Happy holiday entertaining … and eating!💃💃💃
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. Mexican chorizo sausages, sliced 1 inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅔ cup Cavit Red Wine
- ⅓ cup honey
- A pinch of each: smoked paprika and black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and saute, stirring a few times, until the chorizo browns on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, Cavit red wine, honey, and a pinch of smoked paprika and black pepper to the pan. Bring the pan to a boil and continue to boil until the liquid reduces to a glaze thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3-5 minutes. Don't reduce it too much as it will thicken as it cools.
- Serve with toothpicks for easy nibbling.