Sweet Grilled Peaches wrapped in salty prosciutto that turns crispy on the BBQ are an easy and delicious summer appetizer or starter. They're great in a salad, served beside some creamy burrata or on their own.
Can we agree to eat grilled peaches that are wrapped in a blanket of deliciously salty prosciutto every day for the rest of our lives? Overkill? Nah, I didn't think so either.
I've been testing my theory that getting a daily dose of grilled peaches will ensure a happy, healthy, and wealthy life. So far I've proven that grilled peaches = happy life.
Every since my dad came knocking at my door with 20lbs of peaches, I've been obsessed with grilling them. Grilled peaches have been going in everything from my smoothies to that Grilled Chicken Pad Thai I shared with you a few weeks back.
A great big thank you, dad, for bringing me all those delicious Okanagan peaches!
Originally I dreamt of eating these sweet nuggets of gold as an appetizer. You know, like beside a knot of creamy burrata like the pictures show. After the burrata disappeared, these sweet and smoky bites were served as a side all the way from breakfast to dinner. Seriously.
How to eat prosciutto wrapped grilled peaches all day long:
♡ On top of pancakes – think bacon and peach compote. I've actually done this and can assure you it is the way to go.
♡ Tossed in your Grilled Chicken Pad Thai – why not?
♡ With a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of white balsamic.
♡ Scattered on top of your salad – so pretty!
♡ As a side to pork chops or chicken.
♡ Blended into a smoothie – honestly, this thought went through my mind. I've made grilled peach smoothies before and they're delicious. I haven't been daring enough to try throwing a crispy prosciutto wrapped grilled peach into a blender, but it can't be the worst idea. Or maybe it can. If you're brave enough to give it a go, let me know how it turns out!
♡ In the middle of a grilled cheese sandwich. Yes, this for sure.
If you make these Prosciutto Wrapped Grilled Peaches make sure you snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 4 large peaches, ripe but firm
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- ½ tablespoon grapeseed oil
- To serve: basil leaves, reduced balsamic vinegar, black pepper, burrata
- Preheat your grill to medium high and oil the grate.
- Cut the peaches in half and twist to remove the pit. Cut each half in half again so you have 4 quarters. Cut each strip of prosciutto in half lengthwise.
- Wrap a strip of prosciutto around each of the peach quarters and press the prosciutto together so that it sticks. Brush lightly with the oil.
- Grill the peaches on all three sides until the prosciutto is crispy and had grill marks, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the peaches from the grill and serve immediately with some basil leaves and a little balsamic reduction on top.
More Peachy Recipes: