Honey Garlic Pork Chops
Here's an easy recipe for honey garlic pork chops that are juicy, sticky, and delicious. Boneless pork chops are pan-seared to give them a golden crust, then simmered in a heavenly honey garlic sauce. It's a simple recipe that uses just one pan and takes just 20 minutes to make!
These honey garlic pork chops are incredibly delicious and sure to become a new family favorite. They're pan-seared to them give them a delicious golden crust, then simmered in a homemade honey garlic sauce, making them juicy and tender. Plus, it's a quick and delicious way to prepare pork chops that uses only one pan. What's not to love?
They're versatile, too! Serve them with your favorite vegetable side or salad for a complete and flavorful meal the whole family will love.
And leftovers taste delicious, too. Simply reheat them in the honey garlic sauce for a lunch to remember.
Why you'll love them
We know you'll fall in love with these tasty honey garlic pork chops. Here's why we're big fans of them:
- They're easy to make
- Juicy and tender all the way – no dry pork chops here!
- They're the perfect savory-sweet combination
- Big-time sticky & delicious
- They use only fresh ingredients, most of which you'll find in your pantry
- It's a one-pan recipe, so clean-up is a breeze!
How to make honey garlic pork chops
It's surprisingly easy to make these honey garlic pork chops by following a few simple steps:
- Start by drying the pork chops with a paper towel, seasoning them with salt and pepper, and drizzling them with half the oil.
- Now it's time to cook them and give them that nice golden crust. Heat a large frying pan, and when it's hot, sear the pork chops until a crust forms (about 5 minutes.) Flip them over to sear them on the other side and then transfer them to a plate along with any of the juices.
- Make the sauce. Lower the heat and wipe the pan clean. Add the butter, and when it melts add the garlic, followed by the honey, apple cider vinegar, and soy sauce. Let it simmer for a few minutes so it thickens nicely.
- Return the pork chops (and their juices) to the pan, baste them with the sauce and let them cook for another 2 minutes. That's it!
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
Here's what you'll need
Most of the ingredients in this recipe you'll find in our pantry. Here's what you'll need to make these honey garlic pork chops:
- Boneless pork chops – this recipe begins with boneless pork chops, ideally similar in size so they cook evenly.
- Salt + pepper – for seasoning the pork chops and enhancing their flavor.
- Olive oil – to lock in moisture and prevent sticking.
- Garlic – this is, of course, a star ingredient in the honey garlic sauce.
- Butter – makes the base of the rich and flavorful sauce.
- Honey – to make it all sticky and sweet.
- Apple cider vinegar – the acidity in the apple cider vinegar balances out the other flavors, and we love it because it has more flavor than white vinegar.
- Soy sauce – to add a salty, umami taste.
Tips for making the best honey garlic pork chops
This honey garlic pork chop recipe is easy to make, but here are a few pro tips to keep in mind to make them extra juicy and flavorful:
- Make sure to dry the pork chops well with paper towels before cooking. Don't skip this step! It helps to give them that beautiful golden crust.
- After searing them, make sure to reserve any juices. This will add lots of flavor to the sauce.
- Be careful not to overcook them or they will become chewy, but also make sure they reach an internal temperature of 145 Fahrenheit.
- Serve them with a generous amount of honey garlic sauce drizzled over them. Because…who doesn't love sauce?
Leftovers stored in a sealed container will last up to 3 days in your fridge.
We like to reheat them in a pan over medium heat. Slice them into smallish strips, add the sauce to the pan, and a splash of water. They'll be nice and warm in less than five minutes.
We love the rich flavor that butter gives this sauce But if dairy is something that you're strictly avoiding, you can use oil instead.
You sure can! It's our honey garlic sauce recipe and we love it on everything from salmon to chicken to veggies.
What to serve with honey garlic pork chops
Popular pork chop recipes
- Juicy Baked Pork Chops
- Juicy Grilled Pork Chops
- Pineapple Pork Chops
- French Onion Pork Chops
- Honey Mustard Pork Chops
Honey Garlic Pork Chops
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- ½ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, can be gluten-free
- Dry the pork chops well with paper towels then season them with salt and pepper and drizzle them with half of the oil.4 boneless pork chops, ½ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper, 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When it's hot, add the oil and then the pork chops. Sear the chops for 5 minutes, until a golden crust forms. Flip the pork chops over and sear them for another 3-4 minutes. Move the pork chops to a rimmed plate and pour any pan juices over top.
- Reduce the heat to medium and wipe the pan mostly clean and then add the butter. When it melts, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Then add the honey, apple cider vinegar, and soy sauce and bring it to a boil. Let it boil for 2 minutes.1 tablespoon butter, 3 cloves garlic, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ¼ cup honey
- Return the pork chops and pan juices to the pan. Baste the pork chops with the honey garlic sauce and let them cook for 2 minutes, until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.