Garlic Butter Sugar Snap Peas Recipe
This garlic butter sugar snap peas recipe is a super simple, 5-minute side dish that goes well with nearly every main course dinner. You'll love it!
Sugar snap peas recipe
Sometimes we all need a super quick side dish to make for dinner, and that's where this sugar snap peas recipe comes to the rescue.
It cooks in just 5 minutes, so you always have time to add a healthy veggie to your dinner.
The snap peas stay a touch crisp, which is delicious. And they're coated in garlic butter, which takes them over the top.
How to make this sugar snap peas recipe
Once you've removed the string from the sugar snap peas (more on that in a moment), this recipe is SUPER easy to make.
- Melt some butter in a frying pan.
- Add the sugar snap peas, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Now saute them for 5 minutes to get them a little soft with some lovely golden spots on them.
Full recipe in the recipe card below.
How to remove the string from sugar snap peas
The only slightly tedious part about preparing sugar snap peas is removing the string.
Each sugar snap pea contains two pesky little strings. The one on the inside (the concave side) tends to be a little thicker.
You'll want to remove the strings before cooking the peas as the strings are tough and not fun to eat.
Hold the snap pea in your hand and use a paring knife to cut almost through one end of the snap pea. Now pull the knife towards you, and the string will pull away from the pea. Repeat this with the other side.
Sometimes on the backside (convex side), the string will snap off. Don't worry about this; it just means that it's thin and won't be tough to eat.
What goes well with sauteed sugar snap peas
Deciding what to serve with this sugar snap peas recipe is easy as they go well with nearly everything. Here are a few of our favorite mains to complete the meal:
- Juicy Baked Pork Chops
- Sweet Chili Paneer
- Juicy Baked Chicken Thighs
- BBQ Baked Chicken Breast
- Ginger Garlic Chicken
Popular quick side dishes
- Garlic Butter Asparagus
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Quick Garlic Roasted Asparagus
- Sauteed Green Beans with Garlic
Garlic Butter Sugar Snap Peas
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 lb sugar snap peas, trimmed
- ¼ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.1 tablespoon butter
- Add the snap peas, garlic, salt, and pepper. Let the snap peas cook for 5 minutes, stirring a few times.2 cloves garlic, 1 lb sugar snap peas, ¼ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper