Juicy Baked Pork Chops
These baked pork chops are the best oven baked pork chops ever! They are easy to make, tender, super juicy, and flavorful. Rub them with a few pantry staple spices and pop them into the oven for about 18 minutes and dinner will be ready!
Turn these chops into a meal with a creamy cucumber salad and some smoky roast potatoes. And if you love pork recipes, also try our juiciest baked pork tenderloin, smothered pork chops, and pan-fried pork chops!
Table of contents
Let's give it up for easy and delicious pork chop recipes! This one is our family's favorite pork recipe and the one we go back to time and again. The pork chops always turn out tender and juicy and are so flavorful.
After you make these baked pork chops once you'll make them again and again. The recipe is really simple and is a great one to keep in your back pocket for when you need dinner stat or just can't figure out what to make tonight.
In this recipe, we don't sear the chops on the stove. Instead, they go straight into the oven. From our experience, this makes the chops more tender and saves an extra step of work. And with the gorgeous color of the spices, you won't miss the sear.
Serve these with a big salad and some veggies roasted in the oven at the same time as the pork chops. It makes for a quick and easy dinner.
Why you'll love these baked pork chops
- 100% juicy pork chops. ← truth!
- With these chops, in just over 20 minutes you can be sitting down to a healthy and delicious dinner.
- The easy spice rub, made with spices you probably have in your pantry right now, makes the chops taste amazing.
- Pork chops are a budget-friendly protein option. Knowing how to cook them so they don't dry out will make your dinners less expensive and more delicious.
- Easily made with bone-in or boneless pork chops. Choose whichever you like best!
- The pork chops create their own bit of sauce which you can spoon over the veggies on your plate. It's delicious.
- They are low-carb, gluten-free, paleo, and a healthy dinner recipe!
Watch how to make baked pork chops:
How to bake pork chops
Making pork chops in the oven is super easy. When you cook them in the oven you can cook your veggies at the same time, making dinner quick and easy.
The trick here is to choose a baking dish that's not too big. You want the pork chops to be fairly snug so that their juices don't evaporate while cooking. It makes the chops juicier.
- Rub some olive oil and spices over the pork chops.
- Pop them into your oven.
That's it! Seriously, these are easy pork chops at their best!
READ MORE: Pineapple Pork Stir Fry
How long to bake pork chops at 400 degrees?
The biggest ‘trick' to making oven-baked pork chops is to not overcook them. Since pork chops are lean meat, they will dry out if you leave them in the oven for too long. But don't worry, here's an easy way to know exactly how long you should cook your chops.
In a 400-degree Fahrenheit oven, boneless pork chops need to cook for 7 minutes per ½ inch of thickness. If you are using bone-in pork chops, add an extra minute for each ½ inch.
If you're new to making roasted pork chops, the best way to tell if they are fully cooked is to use an instant-read meat thermometer. Pork should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. We use our meat thermometer to make sure the meat doesn't overcook.
For an extra special pork dinner, try making our porchetta recipe!
Which spices are the best with pork?
We make a spice mix that that gets rave reviews from everyone who tries it. It's our go-to spice that we use on both chicken and pork. We've made it so many times and we never get tired of it. Here's what is in it:
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
It's a basic spice rub that has so much flavor.
Is this baked pork chop recipe healthy?
Yes! Pork chops are lean meat and are low in calories and fat and high in protein. This is a healthy pork chop recipe as it is made without any sugar. Pork recipes will often call for sugar, but it is really not necessary. There is no reason to take a healthy cut of meat and add a bunch of sugar to it. These chops are sugar-free and delicious.
They are also low-carb, gluten-free, and paleo.
READ MORE: Juicy Baked Chicken Thighs
What to serve with your oven baked pork chops
We like to serve these with a simple green salad and a veggie side that gets roasted in the oven alongside the chops. Here are a few of our favorite side dishes:
- Smoky Roast Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese
- Spicy Honey Roasted Carrots
- Whole Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Lemon
- Sauteed Asparagus with Garlic and Parmesan
- Sauteed Green Beans with Garlic
- Perfect Basmati Rice
For a summer-friendly version of these chops, try this Juicy Grilled Pork Chops recipe. It's the BBQ version of this one!
Popular pork chop recipes
- Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Honey Mustard Pork Chops
- French Onion Pork Chops
- Pineapple Pork Chops
- Italian Dressing Pork Chops
Juicy Baked Pork Chops
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons EACH: onion powder and garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon EACH: salt, pepper, and oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless pork chops
- Turn your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and oregano.1 tablespoon paprika, 2 teaspoons EACH: onion powder and garlic powder, 1 teaspoon EACH: salt, pepper, and oregano
- Drizzle the 1 tablespoon of olive oil over both sides of the pork chops. Sprinkle the spice mix evenly over both sides of the pork chops and place them in a baking dish. (see notes) Drizzle them with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.2 tablespoons olive oil, 4 boneless pork chops
- Bake the pork chops uncovered for 18 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Once you remove them from the oven, let them rest in the pan for 5 minutes before serving.
We absolutely adore pork chops for dinner. If you love them too, make sure to check out all of our pork chop recipes!