Honey Mustard Pork Chops
These sweet and tangy honey mustard pork chops are a huge hit! Juicy pork chops are seared in a skillet, then simmered in a rich honey mustard sauce for a flavorful and fragrant dinner. This recipe gets bonus points because it's a one-pan weeknight meal that's ready in just 20 minutes!
We're all about making our own sauces and glazes for a couple of reasons. First, it's healthier because we know exactly what goes into it and there are no unwanted ingredients. It's also easy to tailor it to our tastes by adding more or less of an ingredient or swapping something altogether.
The tangy-sweet honey mustard sauce is the perfect pair for pork chops and really brings them to life. Drizzle the extra sauce over a simple vegetable side dish or rice for an easy and delicious weeknight meal that everyone will love.
Pork chops are so delicious and their mild flavor makes them a great option for serving to everyone. If you love pork chops, also try our other pork chop recipes.
Here's what you'll need
Here are the ingredients you'll need to make the simple homemade honey mustard sauce:
- Honey – runny honey mixes easily and gives the sauce its wonderful sweetness.
- Mustard – both dijon and grainy mustard for maximum tangy flavor.
- Italian seasoning – a mild blend of herbs for flavor.
- Sweet paprika – adds its distinct sweetness and vibrant color.
- Salt + pepper – for seasoning, always to taste.
You'll need just a few simple ingredients for the pork chops:
- Pork chops – we use thick-cut boneless pork chops for ease of cooking.
- Salt + pepper – for seasoning before cooking.
- Olive oil – to coat the pan. You can use also another neutral oil you have on hand.
- Parsley – freshly minced, for topping (optional).
How to make honey mustard pork chops
This super quick and tasty weeknight recipe is easy to make by following a few steps:
- Start by mixing together the sauce. Stir all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and set it aside.
- Next, you'll prepare the pork chops by patting them dry, then seasoning them on both sides with salt and pepper.
- To cook the pork chops, heat the oil in a pan and sear them on both sides.
- The last step is to add the sauce to the hot pan. It will bubble rapidly so make sure to keep stirring. Cook for a couple more minutes, and that's it! Top them with freshly minced parsley and enjoy them right away.
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
Boneless pork chops cook quite quickly. It will depend on how thick they are but between 4-5 minutes on each side. Careful not to overcook them or they will become tough.
You can use bone-in pork chops but they will require a bit more cooking time.
How to serve honey mustard pork chops
Serve these easy pork chops with honey mustard sauce right out of the hot pan with a side of crispy garlic smashed potatoes and roasted asparagus. They also taste great with our garlic butter rice and lemon parmesan cauliflower steaks.
Love honey mustard? Try these honey mustard recipes!
Popular pork chop recipes
- Juicy Baked Pork Chops
- Stuffed Spanish Pork Chops
- Pineapple Pork Chops
- Juicy Grilled Pork Chops
- Pan-Fried Pork Chops with Honey Garlic Herb Butter
Honey Mustard Pork Chops
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
Honey Mustard Sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons EACH: dijon mustard and grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon EACH: sweet paprika, sea salt, and pepper
- 4 thick-cut boneless pork chops
- ½ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Minced parsley, to serve
- Stir the honey mustard sauce ingredients in a small bowl.⅓ cup honey, 2 tablespoons EACH: dijon mustard and grainy mustard, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon EACH: sweet paprika, sea salt, and pepper
- Dry the pork chops well with paper towel then season them with salt and pepper.4 thick-cut boneless pork chops, ½ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pan over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and sear for 4 minutes on each side.2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pour the sauce into the pan and mix the pork chops into the sauce. Let the sauce boil rapidly for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve the pork chops with a little minced parsley over the top.Minced parsley
We absolutely adore pork chops for dinner. If you love them too, make sure to check out all of our pork chop recipes!