This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Whole30 Honey Mustard Chicken is a super easy to make and healthy weeknight dinner recipe. The faux honey mustard sauce is made with dates rather than honey so it contains no added sweeteners and is Whole30 compliant. It's a delicious sheet pan recipe!
Want an easy to make, crowd-pleasing dinner recipe? I thought you might!
This Whole30 honey mustard chicken sauce is made with … wait for it … dates. (Please don't run away just yet. It's not as weird as it sounds.)
What is Whole30 honey mustard chicken?
- Delicious as any honey mustard chicken you've ever eaten before.
- Made with NO ADDED SUGAR!
- That's right, adding dates (dried fruit!) gives more than enough natural sweetness to this sauce.
- Perfect for your sugar-free journey.
- Whole30 compliant!
- A guaranteed hit at your dinner table.
Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes
It (sadly) doesn't show here on the blog, but I LOVE love love sheet pan dinners. There is something about throwing some meat and veggies on a baking sheet, popping it in the oven, then sitting down half an hour later to dinner.
Maybe it's looking at the kitchen and seeing next to no dishes to wash.
Maybe it's the 5 minutes they take to make.
Maybe it's the fact that somehow sheet pan dinners always taste delicious.
Whatever it is, we're huge fans of these quick and easy dinners. Most are so easy that they don't really deserve a recipe. Read: chicken, veggies, oil, salt, pepper, and done.
This sheet pan honey mustard chicken is pretty much the same only you start by making the delicious faux honey mustard sauce. (It's the same one I shared with you in the 7 Staple Whole30 Sauces post recently). So easy!
Why not use honey in honey mustard sauce?
We often think of maple syrup, coconut sugar, and honey as being healthy alternatives to white sugar. But if we're being honest with ourselves, we know that our bodies can't tell whether the fructose and glucose we're eating originally came from a sugar beet, a maple tree, or a bee.
After completing my first Whole30 a few years ago, I realized how much sugar I was really eating. On the Whole30 Program, the only sugar that is allowed is sugar from whole fruits. And yes, that includes dates!
Is Whole30 honey mustard chicken SWYPO?
First … have you heard the term SWYPO? It stands for Sex With Your Pants On and it refers to foods that are made with Whole30 compliant ingredients but are not in the spirit of Whole30.
This honey mustard chicken may or may not be SWYPO, depending on how you feel about honey mustard sauce. If you're using it to cheat the sugar dragon, give this recipe a pass while until you finish your 30 days.
If not, go for it!
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL’S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Easy Paleo Dinner Recipes:
- Cashew Coconut Salmon Curry
- Crispy Garlic Butter Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
- Sticky Sesame Honey Shrimp with Ginger Broccoli
- 20 Minute Cashew Chicken Zoodles
- Asian Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
Faux Honey Mustard Sauce
- ½ cup pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard (Whole30 compliant)
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- ⅓ cup water
- A pinch of sea salt
Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken
- 3 red potatoes (quartered)
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil (divided)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (divided)
- 3 carrots (chopped)
- 1 head broccoli (chopped)
- ½ red onion (chopped)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Turn your oven to 425 degrees. Place the dates in a bowl and cover them with hot tap water.½ cup pitted dates
- Toss the potatoes with 1 teaspoon of the oil and ¼ teaspoon of the salt and place them on a baking sheet. Put the potatoes into the oven.3 red potatoes
- Drain the water from the dates and put them into your blender with the rest of the Faux Honey Mustard Sauce ingredients and blend on high until smooth.2 tablespoons dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon avocado oil, ⅓ cup water, A pinch of sea salt
- Toss the carrots, broccoli, and red onion with the remaining teaspoon of oil and ¼ teaspoon salt.3 carrots, 1 head broccoli, ½ red onion
- Once the potatoes have been in the oven for 10 minutes, add the chicken and veggies tossed in oil. Coat both sides of the chicken with half the Faux Honey Mustard Sauce and put the pan back into the oven.2 chicken breasts
- After 20 minutes, remove the pan from the oven, add the tomatoes to the pan, and coat the top of the chicken with the remaining sauce. Cook for 10 minutes more, or until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are soft.1 pint cherry tomatoes
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.