This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sheet pan salmon is a full meal with crispy roast potatoes, tender asparagus, and delicious salmon. You'll love that it's cooked on one pan which makes clean-up a breeze!
Sheet Pan Salmon
Sheet pan salmon is one of our go-to dinner recipes around here. It's super easy to make, always tasty, and the one pan clean up is amazing.
The trick to making the best sheet pan salmon is to not overcook the fish.
Potatoes take 30-40 minutes to roast. Salmon takes 8-10 minutes. Whatever you do, don't be tempted to add everything to the pan at the same time.
You want the potatoes to be nearly done. They should be soft and starting to look crispy before you put the salmon onto the pan. That's the best way to ensure the salmon and potatoes both turn out perfectly.
How to make sheet pan salmon dinner
This is one easy breezy dinner recipe. It's weeknight cooking at its best. Here's the rundown:
- Seasoning the potatoes and roast them until they're almost done.
- Season the salmon then add it to the baking sheet with the potatoes. Nestle some asparagus in there, just for good measure.
- Now, put the pan back into the oven for another 8-10 minutes.
That's it! you've just made sheet pan salmon!
Salmon Seasoning Ideas
Sheet pan salmon can be seasoned with simply salt and pepper, or you can try one of these combos:
- Personal favorite: sweet paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, coconut sugar, and oregano.
- Lemon thyme: lemon zest, fresh thyme leaves, and a squeeze of lemon when the salmon comes out of the oven.
- Garlicky: Lemon slices, Italian seasoning, and finely minced garlic.
- Chili lime: Chili powder, garlic powder, and lime zest.
- Rosemary: Lemon slices, minced garlic, and rosemary.
- Curry: curry powder, garlic powder, coconut sugar, and lime zest.
Note: these are all the same seasonings that we use when we make baked salmon!
Sheet pan salmon variations
The easiest way to add variety to your sheet pan salmon is to switch up the veggie. Sheet pan salmon and broccoli is another favorite of ours. Here are a few more great combos:
- Cauliflower. Add it to the pan at the same time as the potatoes.
- Brussels sprouts. Goes on the pan with the potatoes.
- Green beans. Add them with the salmon.
- Peppers and onions. Put them onto the pan about 20 minutes after the potatoes.
How long does salmon keep for?
Cooked salmon should be kept in the fridge and eaten within 3 days.
We're not big fans of reheated fish, so we serve any leftover salmon cold on top of a salad.
If you want to reheat your leftovers, make sure to gently warm the fish on the stovetop. You want to warm it up, but not cook it.
What to serve with sheet pan salmon
The beauty of this recipe is that you don't need to serve anything with it; it's an all-in-one meal! But we'll often throw together a simple green salad (usually just a few handfuls of arugula) tossed with our lifesaving lemony dressing.
Here are a few other salad recipes that go well with sheet pan salmon:
- 1 ½ lb mini potatoes (cut in half)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- 4 fillets salmon
- 1 lb. asparagus (tough ends snapped off (see notes))
- 4 slices lemon
Personal Favorite Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon EACH: sweet paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, coconut sugar, and oregano.
Lemon Thyme Seasoning
- zest from 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, and a squeeze of lemon when the salmon comes out of the oven.
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 2 finely minced garlic cloves, and 1 thinly sliced lemon.
Chili Lime Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, and zest from 1 lime.
- 1 finely minced garlic clove, 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary, and 1 thinly sliced lemon.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Put the potatoes on a large baking sheet and toss them with 1 tablespoon of oil, Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Roast for 30 minutes, or until they are almost fully cooked.1 ½ lb mini potatoes, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Remove the pan from the oven and push the potatoes to the side. Add the salmon fillets to the middle of the pan and season with one of the salmon seasonings options. Add the asparagus to the pan and toss with the remaining teaspoon of oil and ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper. Top the asparagus with lemon slices and put the tray back into the oven.4 fillets salmon, 1 lb. asparagus, 4 slices lemon
- Continue to bake until the salmon is cooked (140 degrees Fahrenheit), about 8-10 minutes.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.