This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sheet pan sausage and veggies is our go-to quick and easy dinner recipe. It's a delicious recipe that helps to clear out your fridge and makes almost no dishes. You'll love it!
How to make sheet pan sausage and veggies
This is the dinner that we eat at least once a week around here. It's a recipe that basically makes itself. If you want to keep it extra simple, simply season the veggies with salt and pepper.
- Chop some veggies and put them onto your largest sheet pan.
- Mix some oil and a few seasonings into the veggies.
- Open a package of sausages. Either slice them into thick rounds or put them on a baking sheet whole then pop them into the oven.
Congratulations! You've just made dinner!
Full recipe instructions in the recipe card below.
What veggies can I use?
No vegetable is off limits in a roasted sausage and veggies dinner! Open your fridge and take out all your favorites or the ones that need to be used the soonest.
Quick tip: Chop root vegetables quite small so that they will cook in 20 minutes.
Here are a few of our favorite vegetables to roast with sausages:
- Root veggies: potatoes, sweet potatoes, turnips, carrots, beets.
- Cabbage: purple or green.
- Summer squash. All kinds!
- Broccoli, broccolini, or rapini.
- Bell peppers.
- Cherry tomatoes.
What are the best sausages?
There is really no right or wrong answer here. Your best option is to choose the sausages you and your family love. If you're not sure, mild or spicy Italian sausage is always a safe bet.
We like to use locally made sausages. Most well-stocked supermarkets will carry a selection of sausages made in your area.
Sausages made with pork (all or some) tend to stay the juiciest so those are the ones that we reach for.
Tip: pick up a few packages of sausages next time you're at the store and throw them into your freezer. Then the next time you don't feel like cooking, take out a package, chop a few veggies, and pat yourself on the back for making a sheet pan sausage and veggie dinner!
If you enjoy the flavor of Italian sausages also try our, Italian sausage pasta recipe!
Fresh or precooked sausages?
We like to use fresh sausages. But if precooked is what you have on hand, go ahead and use those!
What to serve with sheet pan sausage and veggies
The beauty of this recipe is that it doesn't need any side dishes to complete the meal! At most, you might want a dip for some of the veggies. A little mayo and yogurt mixed with curry powder (like our curry dipping sauce) is our fav. Here are a few others that go well:
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Emerald Isle Dipping Sauce
- Creamy Lime Chipotle Dressing
Popular easy dinner recipes
- Sheet Pan Faux Honey Mustard Chicken (Whole30)
- Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry
- Easy Butter Chicken
- Ground Beef Stir Fry with Ginger Garlic Sauce
- Italian Sausage Recipe (with onions and peppers)
- 6 cups chopped vegetables (broccoli, carrots, onion, green beans, and bell peppers are in the pictures)
- 3 cups chopped baby potatoes (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper
- 4 sausages (cut into 2" thick circles (see notes))
- Optional: grated parmesan cheese (for serving)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. For easy cleanup, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a large baking sheet (minimum 18×13 inches) or divide everything between 2 smaller baking sheets.
- Add the vegetables and potatoes to the baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil then sprinkle the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper over top. Use your hands to mix the oil and seasonings into the veggies.6 cups chopped vegetables, 3 cups chopped baby potatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper
- Scatter the sausages on top of the veggies then put the pan into the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the veggies are roasted to your liking and the sausages are browned.4 sausages
- If using, grate some parmesan cheese over the sausages and veggies before you serve them.Optional: grated parmesan cheese
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.