This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These crispy sheet pan shrimp tacos are our newest obsession! We stuff tortillas with seasoned shrimp, shredded cheese, and sliced cabbage then bake them until they're golden and crispy. Serve them with your favorite sauces and sides for an easy weeknight dinner that's ready in just 40 minutes!
We were first introduced to crispy baked tacos by our friend Jess from Plays Well with Butter when she made us her incredible crispy black bean tacos. We knew that one day we'd have to make our own version, and so these crispy baked shrimp tacos were born.
We call them tacos but they're a lot like a quesadilla, and we're obsessed. They're fresh, cheesy, and crispy. And if you like tacos, we think you'll love these!
To make them, simply toss the chopped shrimp with the seasonings and saute them until they're cooked through. Lay the tortillas out on a baking sheet, coat them in oil, and fill them with the cooked shrimp, cheese, and sliced cabbage.
Fold them in half into a taco shape and bake them until they're golden and crispy. Serve them with all your favorite sauces and sides, and don't wait to dig in.
These baked shrimp tacos are a quick and easy weeknight winner with virtually no prep and minimal clean up required. Double or triple the batch for dinner parties, or for Cinco de Mayo celebrations. They pair well with a crunchy salad, some warm tortilla soup, and a margarita of course!
Crispy sheet pan shrimp taco ingredients
Here's what you need to make the tasty shrimp filling:
- Shrimp – fresh or thawed frozen shrimp work great, just make sure it's shelled and deveined.
- Seasonings – chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Avocado oil – or another neutral-flavored oil will work.
Here's what you need to make the crispy tacos:
- 6″ tortillas – we use flour tortillas because we find them easier to work with, but corn tortillas work too.
- Avocado oil – a generous amount of avocado oil helps the tacos become nice and crispy in the oven. Olive oil, or another neutral flavored oil works as well.
- Tex-Mex shredded cheese blend – this mix usually contains cheddar cheese, white monterey jack, and a spicy jalapeño monterey jack. You can absolutely use your own blend of shredded cheese instead.
- Cabbage – thinly sliced cabbage, for a bit of crunchy texture.
- Guacamole, pickled red onions, sour cream, cilantro, and our shrimp taco sauce – optional, for serving.
How to make these crispy sheet pan shrimp tacos
These crispy sheet pan shrimp tacos are full of Mexican flavor, and they're a quick and easy dinner for weeknights. Here's how we make them in a few simple steps:
- Mix the chopped shrimp with all the spices.
- Fry the seasoned shrimp for a few minutes until opaque.
- Wrap and warm the tortillas in the microwave to soften them.
- Brush oil over the sheet pan, lay the tortillas over top, and flip them a few times to coat them in oil.
- Top each tortilla with cheese, shrimp, and cabbage then fold in half and press down. If you love crispy cheese (yum!) allow some cheese to escape onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes on each side until browned and crispy, and serve with all your favorite toppings!
How do I make these tacos extra crispy?
The oil helps the tacos become crispy, so be sure not to skimp on it. After they bake, allow them to cool for a few minutes. They will become crispy as they cool.
Can I use a different meat for filling?
Sure! Other fish like salmon or cod work well, and chopped or ground chicken or beef taste great, too. Just make sure to season and cook whatever type of meat you use in the filling.
Can I use corn tortillas?
Yep, you can but they are a bit harder to work with than flour tortillas. Once they're warmed up, corn tortillas soften and become more flexible so you can fold them.
What to eat with crispy sheet pan shrimp tacos
We love these crispy baked shrimp tacos. They're a complete meal on their own but, like nachos, what you serve them with really takes them to the next level.
We like to serve them with our easy guacamole, pickled red onions, sour cream, and our homemade shrimp taco sauce. Salsa or pico de gallo, hot sauce, lime wedges, chopped cilantro, and pickled jalapeños all taste great, too!
Mexican sides to serve with baked shrimp tacos
- 1 lb shrimp (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon EACH: chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
The crispy tacos
- 8 6-inch tortillas
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 12 ounces shredded Tex-Mex cheese blend
- ½ cup thinly sliced cabbage
- Optional for serving: guacamole, pickled red onions, sour cream, cilantro, shrimp taco sauce
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Add the chopped shrimp to a medium-sized bowl and mix with the spices.1 lb shrimp, ½ teaspoon EACH: chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes.1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Wrap the tortillas in a cloth (or parchment paper) and warm them in the microwave for 30 seconds.8 6-inch tortillas
- Brush the oil over a large sheet pan. Put the tortillas on top, turning them over a few times so that they are lightly coated in the oil. Use two sheet pans, if needed.3 tablespoons avocado oil
- Assemble the tortillas by sprinkling some cheese on one half of each tortilla, top with the shrimp and some shredded cabbage and then finish with the remaining cheese. (Letting some of the cheese escape around the tortillas makes wonderfully cheesy tacos.) Fold each tortilla in half and press them down a little to create the tacos.12 ounces shredded Tex-Mex cheese blend, ½ cup thinly sliced cabbage
- Bake the tacos for 10 minutes and then flip the tacos over and bake for another 10 minutes. Let the tacos cool for a few minutes – they will get crispier as they cool. Serve the tacos with all of your favorite taco toppings!
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.