Roasted Corn and Avocado Salad with Chipotle Mint Dressing
This roasted corn and avocado salad is easy to make and super delicious. There's sweet corn, creamy avocado, crunchy peppers, and a delicious chipotle mint dressing. You will LOVE it!
Roasted corn and avocado salad
This salad has it all. It's full of different flavors and textures like sweet corn and creamy avocado and crunchy peppers and celery. It's all wrapped up in a lemony chipotle dressing and dotted with fresh mint.
Mint? Yep, you read that right. And it is delicious; like a little surprise hiding in the background. It's seriously delicious.
If you're not fussy about mint, cilantro would be an awesome substitute.
Can you promise me you'll make this roasted corn and avocado salad? You'll be so happy you did!
Confession time … we eat a lot of this salad. Like, A LOT. Like, all of it. In one sitting.
It is that good.
So even though this recipe says it serves four, don't be surprised if it really only serves one or two people. It's really hard not to go overboard and eat and eat an absolutely mammoth amount of salad.
What to serve with roasted corn and avocado salad
Here are some of our favorite mains that go well with this salad:
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Popular corn side dishes:
- Spicy Buffalo Corn on the Cob
- Lightened Up Mexican Corn Dip
- Summer Tomato and Grilled Corn Salad
- Grilled Corn Salad with BBQ Farmers Sausage
- Honey Garlic Corn on the Cob
With so many flavors and textures going on in this roasted corn and avocado salad, you could eat it all on its own. Or try serving it with a piece of grilled fish for a healthy and delicious dinner.
- 3 cups frozen corn, or 3 large cobs of corn with the kernels cut off
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh mint, (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the corn kernels on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mint, oil, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper, and sugar. Add the celery, red pepper, and onion and toss to combine. Add the roasted corn and avocado and toss gently to combine.
You can roast the corn and make the dressing up to one day in advance. Store separately in your fridge.