You can't beat a homemade guacamole burger! These delicious burgers are grilled to juicy perfection and then loaded with guacamole and pepper jack cheese. They're easy to make with just a handful of ingredients, and they're ready in 20 minutes!
Fire up your grill because these homemade guacamole burgers are a must-make. A juicy all-beef patty is tucked between a soft brioche bun, then loaded with fresh guacamole, pepper jack cheese, and your favorite toppings.
They make a quick and easy meal; perfect for serving at backyard barbecue parties, or as a satisfying weeknight dinner.
We use our easy guacamole recipe for these burgers, which is simply avocados mashed with lime, garlic, and salt. You can use your favorite guacamole recipe or even store-bought in a pinch. Use some for the burgers and serve any extra with some crispy tortilla chips and start dipping!
Here's everything you'll need to make these juicy guacamole burgers:
- Spices – we use a mix of garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, sea salt, and pepper.
- Ground beef – we keep it simple and make burger patties from just ground beef.
- Pepper jack cheese – this seasoned semi-soft cheese adds a little cheesy kick!
- Brioche buns – soft brioche buns for serving.
- Guacamole, tomato, and lettuce (for topping) – we use our easy guacamole for this recipe but you can use your favorite recipe or store-bought. Use our suggested toppings or a mix of your favorites!
How to make guacamole burgers
It's simple to make these satisfying guacamole burgers in a few simple steps:
- Begin by preheating your grill, and mixing the spices in a small bowl.
- To make the burgers, divide the ground beef into four portions and form them into patties. Sprinkle half of the spices over the burger patties, flip them, and sprinkle the other side with the remaining spices.
- Grill the patties a few minutes per side, or until cooked to your liking. Add the cheese during the last minute on the grill and let it melt. If you'd like, warm your buns.
- Tuck the patties into a bun and top with lettuce, tomatoes, a big scoop of guacamole, and any other condiments you love.
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
Guacamole burgers: Frequently Asked Questions
Pepper jack cheese is a variety of monterrey jack cheese. You can find it in the dairy fridge with other cheeses, or in some cases the deli section of the grocery store. If you can't find pepper jack, monterrey jack will work as well.
Pepper jack is flavored with a mix of sweet peppers, rosemary, habañero chilies, garlic, and spicy jalapeños. It definitely has a bit of heat that gets balanced out by its creaminess.
Ideas for serving guacamole burgers
This guacamole burger recipe just screams summer! When temperatures rise and the last thing you want to do is turn on your oven, fire up your grill and make some of these guacamole burgers.
Enjoy them on their own or serve them with a seasonal salad like our summer tomato and grilled corn salad, or a vegetable side like these skinny sweet potato harissa fries, or smoky parmesan corn on the cob.
Try them with other toppings like caramelized onions, grilled pineapple, or add bacon to turn it into a guacamole bacon burger.
While you're at it, mix yourself up a refreshing watermelon margarita to wash it down!
More delicious guacamole recipes
It's no secret that we love guacamole. Here's a roundup of our favorite guacamole recipes:
- Corn Guacamole
- Delicious Apple Guacamole
- Smoky Chipotle Guacamole Dip
- Chunky Grilled Guacamole
- Bacon Guacamole with Roasted Garlic and Tomatoes
Popular burger recipes
- Chicken Feta Spinach Burger
- Lemon Salmon Burger with Lemon Dill Sauce
- Chili Chicken Burger
- Lamb Burger
- Bratwurst Burger
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 teaspoon EACH: garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, sea salt, and pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 brioche buns
- Guacamole, tomatoes, and lettuce, to serve
- Preheat your grill to high heat. Mix the spices in a small bowl.1 teaspoon EACH: garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, sea salt, and pepper
- Divide the ground beef into 4 portions and gently form them into patties. Sprinkle half of the spices over the burger patties then flip the patties over and sprinkle the other side with the rest of the spices.1 lb ground beef, 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- Grill the burger patties for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked to your liking. Add the cheese during the last minute on the grill and let it melt. If you'd like, warm your buns, cut side down, on the grill for 2 minutes.4 brioche buns
- Serve your burgers with lettuce, tomatoes, a big scoop of guacamole, and any condiments you love.Guacamole, tomatoes, and lettuce