Chicken Feta Spinach Burger
This chicken feta spinach burger is our go-to chicken burger patties recipe. It's super juicy thanks to chopped fresh spinach and has tons of flavor thanks to the feta and oregano. Sear them in a pan or cook them on the grill; they're delicious both ways!
Complete the meal with some garlic herb carrot fries and sautéed asparagus with parmesan.
Chicken feta spinach burgers
These chicken feta spinach burgers are a real favorite around here. It is one recipe that we make again and again and never tire of eating. The patties are quick to make and easily pan-fried so you can enjoy them year-round.
Inside these chicken burger patties you'll find:
- Ground chicken – a great, low-cal alternative to beef.
- Chopped spinach – keeps the chicken burger patties super juicy and tender.
- Feta cheese – so much flavor!
- Oregano – for a Mediterranean chicken burger vibe.
- Almond flour – just enough to hold the burgers together.
If you love chicken burgers, also try our chili chicken burger bowls!
How to make these chicken burger patties
Chicken feta spinach burgers are a cinch to make!
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- Form into patties.
- Sear in a pan or grill them on your BBQ.
That's it! These burgers are easy enough to make for a simple weeknight meal.
Full recipe instructions in the recipe card below.
What to put on your chicken feta spinach burger
In the pictures, you'll see arugula and mayo on the burgers. So simple and so good. Here are a few other toppings that go well with chicken burger patties:
- Sliced dill pickles
- Summer tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- Dijon mustard
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Feta cheese
What to serve with chicken feta burgers
We always serve these with french fries and a big salad with our creamy balsamic vinaigrette. But there are lots of good options for sides. Here are a few to choose from:
- Garlic Herb Carrot Fries
- Greek Lemon Potatoes
- Easy Roasted Italian Cauliflower
- Garlic Butter Asparagus
- Best Greek Salad Recipe
Try these popular burger recipes
Chicken Feta Spinach Burger Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 lb ground chicken, ground thighs have the best flavor
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- 1 ½ cups chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon EACH: oregano and pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Oil for cooking, see notes
- Brioche buns and all your favorite burger toppings!
- Mix the ground chicken, almond flour, feta cheese, spinach, oregano, salt, and pepper together in a medium-sized bowl.1 lb ground chicken, ¼ cup almond flour, ⅓ cup feta cheese, 1 ½ cups chopped spinach, 1 teaspoon EACH: oregano and pepper, ½ teaspoon salt
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape them into patties. They will be quite moist and feel sticky and delicate.
Cook them in a pan
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large, non-stick or cast iron pan over medium heat. Add the burger patties and cook for 6 minutes per side, until golden on the outside and 165 degrees Fahrenheit on the inside. Reduce the heat if the patties are browning too quickly.Oil for cooking
Cook them on the BBQ
- Lightly oil a grill mat then cook them over medium heat for 5 minutes per side with the BBQ lid shut.
Can I put these on the BBQ? or will the ground chicken be too soft?
If you have a BBQ mat, that will work. Otherwise, I recommend cooking them in a pan and the chicken is very soft.
Best chicken burgers ever!
This recipe is amazing! My family even agrees with me!
These were excellent. They were flavorful and juicy. I loved that the feta melted into the burger. We will definitely make these again.
These were great! Far tastier than other turkey burgers we’ve made. Work equally well on grill or cast iron on stove.
Could you sub the almond flour for regular flour or breadcrumbs? It’s a little hard to get almond flour where I live.
While I haven’t tried it personally, I’ve had other people tell me that regular breadcrumbs work well in this recipe. 🙂
We love these! So easy and different than other chicken dishes I seem to make all the time. I add cheddar and pickles on top for my kids and your lemon dill yogurt sauce, spinach, and a tomato slice for the adults!
These are so good. My husband raved about them. Make them. They are delicious.
Could I use frozen spinach?
It should work as long as you thaw it first and squeeze out the water.
Do you know if these burgers freeze well?
They freeze very well! We like to freeze them raw then thaw and cook them. Freeze them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet then transfer them to a freezer-safe container once they’re frozen. 🙂
I made this tonight. I didn’t have spinach so I subbed arugula. It was amazing. The entire family loved it. It was filling and healthy all at the same time. It will be a new family staple. ❤️
That’s so fantastic to hear!!