Garlic Herb Carrot Fries
Truly CRISPY Carrot Fries are seasoned with garlic and herbs and baked in the oven. They're an easy to make, healthy, and crazy delicious side dish recipe!
These tasty fries are my newest favorite way to eat 45 servings of vegetables in one sitting. Ok, not quite that many. But digging into half of your recommended daily all while enjoying french fries is pretty freaking awesome.
For the love of carrot fries
- I've discovered the secret to making crispy carrot fries, and I'll share it with you.
- Sweet carrots cut like fries and coated with tasty seasonings and baked until crisp. Yum.
- You're looking at a super versatile side dish. Making burgers? Make carrot fries! Roasting a chicken? Don't forget the carrot fries! Firing up the BBQ? Yep, you'll want to make these, too.
- A healthy recipe that feels like a treat is so where it's at. Whole30, vegan, gluten-free, and all around awesome.
How to make carrot fries crispy
The question we're all looking to answer! After a little trial and error, I found the secret for making crispy baked carrot fries. There are three things you need to do.
- Coat the fries in starch. I like to use potato starch, but tapioca starch and cornstarch work just as well. This light coating gets nice and crispy when it's baked.
- Coat the fries in a generous amount of spices. Serving the same purpose as the starch, the spices help to create a crispy layer on the outside of the fries.
- Bake them a little longer than you think you should. You want them to be well browned. If you look at the pictures you'll see they almost look burned in places. Almost but not quite is the sweet spot here.
Are baked carrot fries really crispy?
How'd I know you were wondering that? Have you ever eaten yam fries in a restaurant when they get nice and crispy on the outside but are still soft inside? That's what these carrot fries are like. The starch and spice coating on the outside gets crisp enough that you can pick up a carrot fry without it sadly flopping over.
What to serve with your crispy carrot fries
My favorite is always a juicy burger.
- Chili Chicken Burger Bowls
- Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- Lemon Salmon Burgers
- Quinoa Ranch Cauliflower Burgers
But these fries are a delicious side to so many other recipes.
- Carnitas Tacos Lettuce Wraps
- Best Steak Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts
- Juicy Baked Pork Chops
- Honey Garlic Chicken
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Carrot Recipes
- Spicy Honey Roasted Carrots
- Curry Grilled Carrots with Yogurt Sauce
- Maple Bourbon Glazed Carrots with Pistachios
- Carrot Top Pesto with Roasted Carrots
- Grilled Maple Dijon Carrots
- Carrot, Beet, and Apple Slaw
Carrot Fries Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 2 lbs. carrots, cut into thin fries
- 2 tablespoons tapioca, potato, or cornstarch, see notes
- 1 tablespoon each: garlic powder and onion powder
- 1 teaspoon each: sea salt, black pepper, and thyme
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil, or another neutral-flavored oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line 2 – 13×18″ baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the carrot fries in a large bowl and toss with the starch. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and thyme and toss again. Drizzle the oil over the top and toss one more time.2 lbs. carrots, 2 tablespoons tapioca, potato, or cornstarch, 1 tablespoon each: garlic powder and onion powder, 1 teaspoon each: sea salt, black pepper, and thyme, 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- Divide the carrot fries between the two baking sheets, making sure none of the fries are touching each other.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove the trays from the oven and turn each of the fries over. Put them back into the oven for another 10-15 mintues, or until they are brown and crispy.
This recipe is part of our Healthy Super Bowl Recipes series and our Best Spring Side Dishes series.
My husband LOVED these Crispy Carrot Fries!!
Since his heart attack w\triple bypass surgery 2 years ago…I have been trying to find healthy recipes he will like and be good for him. Great recipe!! Thanks so much. 😘
I’m, trying this with dinner tonight. It looks amazing. Will let you know how it goes! 🙂
Loved this! We used the baby carrots and although I have to admit they may not have been as “crispy” as intended, the flavor was wonderful and I’ve made them several times since. I even love the leftover ones as a snack!
What a great idea to use baby carrots!
Can you make these with sweet potatoes as well?
I would think that you can!
I made these last night as a test before making them for friends this long weekend. They were so good! I’ve found my new favourite fry recipe. Thank you!
That’s so great to hear! Hooray!
I live in Melbourne, Australia & made this carrot fies recipe the other night. I need to put less salt, otherwise they r gr8 !!! Thank u for this recipe.
I’m so happy to hear you liked them!!