This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These delicious dill carrots are roasted until tender then tossed in a homemade lemon dill dressing and topped with tangy feta cheese. It's an easy side dish that goes with just about anything, and it's ready in 40 minutes!
Not sure what it's like around your kitchen, but we always seem to have a half bag of carrots in our fridge. That's why we're always looking for quick and easy carrot recipes to use them up, like this one!
These dill carrots with lemon dill sauce are incredibly delicious and really take the humble root to the next level. They're tangy, sweet, and tender and they go with just about anything.
Roasting them brings out their natural sweetness and flavor, and the dressing just enhances what's already happening. Simply roast the seasoned carrots in the oven until tender. While they're roasting, stir together the dressing. Transfer the cooked carrots to a serving bowl, toss them with the dressing, and crumble some feta cheese overtop (if you'd like).
Serve these dill roasted carrots alongside everything from chicken and steak to pork chops, fish, and casseroles. They're even elegant enough for special occasions and holiday menus!
What's in these dill carrots?
You only need a couple of simple ingredients to make this delicious dill carrots recipe:
- Carrots tossed in olive oil– we use regular carrots sliced into diagonal rounds, but any shape will work. You can peel them if you like, or keep the skin on for added nutritional benefits. Look for the super fresh ones at your local farmer's market in the spring!
- Seasonings – we use a mix of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Feta cheese – optional, but delicious.
Here's what you need for the lemon dill dressing:
- Olive oil – the flavor of olive oil works really well in this dressing, but you can use your favorite oil if you prefer.
- Lemon juice – for a bright pop of citrus flavor and acidity.
- Honey – the sweet taste of honey balances out the acidity of the lemon and enhances the natural sweetness of the carrots.
- Dijon mustard – for a bit of tangy, sharp heat.
- Minced fresh dill – we love the taste of fresh dill, but dried dill also works in a pinch.
How to make dill carrots
These roasted carrots with dill are an easy-to-make side for weeknights and go with just about any main! Here's how to make them in a few easy steps:
- While your oven preheats, toss the carrots with oil and the seasonings.
- Roast them on a baking sheet until they're tender.
- Make the lemon dill dressing by mixing all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Transfer the carrots to a serving bowl, drizzle with the dressing, and top with crumbled feta cheese. Yum!
Can I use other kinds of root vegetables?
Absolutely! Parsnips, potatoes, sweet potatoes, beets, onions, and radishes (or a mix) taste great, too. Just make sure to cut them into equal sizes so they cook evenly.
How long do leftovers keep?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 3 days.
What can I use instead of feta cheese?
Goat cheese makes a great substitute, but any soft and crumbly cheese will work. You could even try Boursin for a different spin.
What to serve with dill carrots
When it comes to what to serve with these dill carrots, pretty much anything goes. They're an easy side dish for weeknights and the perfect accompaniment to meat mains of all kinds. They make a delicious vegetarian side dish, and they look beautiful on a holiday table, too!
Meat mains that pair especially well with dill carrots
- 2 ½ lb carrots (peeled and sliced ¼" thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon EACH: garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper
- ¼ cup feta cheese (optional)
Lemon Dill Dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons dried dill)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put the sliced carrots into a bowl and toss them with olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.2 ½ lb carrots, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon EACH: garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper
- Spread the carrots out on the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the carrots are roasting, make the sauce. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and dijon. Mix in the chopped dill.1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- When the carrots are cooked, transfer them to a serving bowl and pour the dressing over the top. Add the feta cheese and toss well. Serve right away.¼ cup feta cheese
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.