Quinoa Ranch Cauliflower Burgers are a CRAZY delicious vegetarian dinner recipe that even the best meat-eater can get behind. You will love them!
Guys, it's National Burger Day!! 🍔
I'm not even joking. This is a real thing, and it's happening today. It's like the universe came along and decided we should eat burgers all day long. #yesplease
It' also happens to be Memorial Day tomorrow. I think (fingers crossed) we're supposed to eat burgers for days!
To join the celebration, I've made us a batch of Quinoa Ranch Cauliflower Burgers. Aaaand … you guessed it … they're amazeballs.
I've long had a soft spot for vegetarian burgers. Confession: when I order a veggie burg at a restaurant, I'll usually ask for bacon on top. You should see the looks I get. Ha!
Aaaanyway … veggie burgers. Or should I say, “the best damn Ranch Cauliflower Burgers.” Yep, that sounds more like it. They're crispy on the outside, soft inside, and super flavorful.
They're also crazy easy to make. If you can put cauliflower in your oven, boil water and quinoa, and smoosh patties together with your hands, you can make these. They're that simple.
I have a secret to share with you …
There's a special ingredient in here that takes these burgers over the top. This is a new one on the blog, but I'm pretty sure you're going to see it again. Honestly, it surprised me how well it works in these burgers.
Want to know what it is?
I'm talking about the ranch part of these Ranch Cauliflower Burgers. That's right, I used ranch dressing. But wait! I didn't use any ol' ranch dressing, I used Litehouse ORGANIC Ranch Dressing.
Sorry about yelling that organic part. I got a little excited there.
Most of the time, the recipes here involve making things from scratch. Which is true, but far from 100%. I'd usually lump salad dressing into the category of just make it yourself. BUT, when I thought about it for 0.2 seconds, I realized that was ridiculous.
I mean, come on. I use things like curry paste, ketchup, mayonnaise, peanut butter, pasta, bbq sauce, and on and on and on. Sure we can make all those things ourselves (and sometimes do) but we ALL grab the made for us version most of the time.
This ranch dressing is made from things like organic buttermilk, organic egg yolks, and organic spices. Honestly, it's made from better ingredients than I would prob use if I made it from scratch.
So go on, grab that bottle of Litehouse and let's make these Quinoa Ranch Cauliflower Burgers!
Make these Quinoa Ranch Cauliflower Burgers
♡ Rough chop some cauliflower, drizzle with oil, and roast until soft.
♡ Boil quinoa until it's cooked.
♡ Run the cauliflower through your food processor to quickly mash it. (You can do this step by hand if you don't have a food processor.)
♡ Mix everything together and form the burgers into patties.
♡ Chill. This is an important step as it helps the burgers hold together when you're cooking them. Use this time to make the slaw and tidy your kitchen. Few things are better than sitting down to eat knowing that 90% of the dishes have already been done.
♡ Give them a quick pan fry, then eat!
But what about if you're not on board with the bun? I know you bun haters are out there. Truth: I'm one of you. Sure, I'll eat the bun sometimes. Always, if it's a cheese bun. But most of the time I eat my burgers with no but. #weirdo #iknow
The thing is, when a burger is as good as these Ranch Cauliflower Burgers are, I find the bun just gets in the way. I want to taste the burger, not the bun.
After I snapped the burger pics, I unassembled mine and ate it as a Quinoa Ranch Cauliflower Patty. Then I ate another one, just for good measure.
If you make these Quinoa Ranch Cauliflower Burgers make sure to snap a pic and tag#theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, about 2-21/2 lbs.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup panko (sub gluten-free, if needed)
- ¾ cup Litehouse Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese (I like aged white cheddar)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- ½ cup finely shredded purple cabbage (use your mandolin if you have one)
- ¼ cup Litehouse Organic Ranch Dressing
- Black pepper, to taste
- Lighthouse Dilly Dip - this is SO good on the burgers
- Arugula or spinach
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, place on the baking sheet, and drizzle with the oil. Roast for 30 mins, turning halfway until the cauliflower is soft. Let stand to cool for a few minutes.
- In a small pot over high heat bring the quinoa and 1½ cups of water to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the quinoa is soft. Remove the lid and set it aside.
- When the cauliflower is cooked and has cooled slightly, add it to your food processor. Pulse until finely chopped but not pureed. Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl.
- Add all the other cauliflower burger ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Form into 12 patties, a generous ½ cup each. Place the patties on the baking sheet you used to cook the cauliflower. (fewer dishes!) and chill in your fridge for 30 minutes.
- Either spiral the zucchini using your spiralizer or slice it into very thin rounds. Toss the zucchini with the cabbage and ranch dressing.
- Generously spread your burger buns with Litehouse Dilly Dip then stack with a burger patty, some arugula, and top with the zucchini slaw.