It's good to be back home. Don't misunderstand me, I love (love love love) to travel. I'm not one of those people who go away for a week or two then start missing home. I've travelled for many months at a time and have never felt that I'm-ready-to-go-home-now urge. But once I unlock my front door and step inside, I'm always happy to be home.
It feels good to be in my kitchen again, my heavy cast iron skillets in hand. The little things I generally take for granted are making me happy today; hearing my kettle whistle, opening my fridge door and feeling my two furry babies circling my feet and meowing for attention while I cook.
I've had my fill of tacos, guacamole and margaritas over the past few weeks. Today I want to fill my belly with something familiar. I want the kind of food I grew up on: a piece of salmon and some potatoes grilled on the BBQ with a big side of asparagus topped with shaved Parmesan.
If you make Sautéed Asparagus with Shaved Parmesan, make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.Print
This simple sautéed asparagus recipe is served with big strips of salty shaved Parmesan cheese. It's delicious and makes a perfect side dish.
- 2 bunches of asparagus, tough ends cut or snapped off
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil then add garlic and asparagus at the same time. Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium-high heat or until just barely cooked.
- Remove from heat and top with shaved Parmesan.
Note: asparagus will continue to cook after you remove it from heat. It is better to take it off early so that you do not overcook it. Mushy asparagus is not very tasty 🙂
Looking for more vegetable side dishes? Check out:
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Tomato Zoodle Frittata - August 21, 2018
- Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette - August 18, 2018
- Amaretto Peach Cobbler - August 14, 2018