Roasted Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Roasted Parmesan Crusted Chicken is super easy to make and insanely delicious. The parmesan creates a salty, crispy crust and keeps the meat super juicy. You will love this roast chicken recipe!
Just look at that parmesan crust! In case you can't tell from the picture (although I'm sure you can) it is INSANE! Like, insane in the best way possible.
Parmesan crusted chicken is every bit as good as it sounds and then some.
Why you need to make Parmesan crusted chicken tonight:
- Crispy, cheesy, salty chicken skin. ← this is 99% of the reason you want to make this.
- Meat that is tender and juicy.
- Give yourself 10 leisurely minutes of prep and you'll have dinner in the oven.
- You'll look like a rockstar serving a beautifully roasted chicken. It'll be our secret how easy it to make. Pinky swear.
- Crispy, cheesy, salty chicken skin. Just in case you somehow missed the most important part of this whole deal.
How to make parmesan crusted chicken
If you haven't cooked a whole bird before, don't be intimidated. It's super easy! Here's what you need to do:
- Pat the chicken dry with some paper towels. It makes spreading the butter easier.
- Mix the parmesan cheese with some butter and herbs and spread it under and over the skin.
- Put the chicken in a roasting pan with a chopped onion and sliced lemon.
- Roast roast roast. Then sprinkle a little more parmesan cheese on top and roast a little more.
See how easy that was? This parmesan crusted chicken recipe couldn't be any more simple.
What to serve with this parmesan crusted chicken recipe
I think that roast chicken is always best served with some traditional sides.
You can keep life super simple and put some mini potatoes and carrots in the oven and cook them beside the chicken. Mashed potatoes are extra delicious with the slightly lemon gravy poured over the top.
The last time I made this baked parmesan crusted chicken I served it with my recipe that I like to call The Best Stuffing Recipe. It totally deserves being called the best. (It's what's on the plate in the picture below.) If you decide to go crazy and make parmesan crusted chicken with your Christmas dinner (and I think that's a GREAT idea) then make sure to serve it with this stuffing.
I almost always serve roast chicken with a simple green salad. Sometimes the salad is as easy as some arugula tossed with my Lifesaving Lemony Salad Dressing. Other times, I throw in some toasted nuts, other veggies, and maybe some parmesan or goat cheese.
No matter what you serve with this parmesan crusted chicken, make sure to save the juice that's at the bottom of the roasting pan.
It's slightly lemony and super delicious.
Just look how yummy it looks …
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL’S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Best Roast Chicken Recipes:
- Lemon Herb Butter Roast Chicken
- Orange Cranberry Roast Chicken with Rosemary Balsamic Butter
- Apple Chicken Recipe with Bacon and Potatoes
- Asian Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Baked Sesame Orange Chicken
Roasted Parmesan Crusted Chicken
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 3 lb. whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- ½ teaspoon each: sea salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Turn your oven to 425 degrees. Dry the chicken with a couple of paper towels.3 lb. whole chicken
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, 2 tablespoons of the parmesan cheese, parsley, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper.2 tablespoons salted butter, 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley, 1 teaspoon paprika, 2 cloves garlic, ½ teaspoon each: sea salt and pepper
- Using your fingers or a spoon, carefully separate the skin from breast meat and as much as possible on the legs. Tuck half of the parmesan butter under the skin and spread the rest on top.
- Place the onion and lemon slices in the bottom of a small roasting pan or heavy-bottomed, ovenproof pot and place the chicken on top.1 medium onion, 1 lemon
- Roast for 45 minutes then turn the heat down to 350 degrees and roast for another 45 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of parmesan cheese on top of the chicken and pop it back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Let the chicken rest of 10 minutes before carving it. Pour the juice at the bottom of the roasting pan into a bowl and serve it on the side to pour over the chicken.