This delicious Lemony Greek Chicken is an easy one-pan chicken dinner. The chicken is first seared crispy then roasted with potatoes, lemons, and Mediterranean herbs. Toss the asparagus in at the end and call it dinner! This healthy dinner recipe is paleo (if you're on board with potatoes) + gluten-free + Whole30 compliant.
Who wants an easy, one-pan chicken dinner recipe that's so tasty you may just find yourself licking all the lemony juices off your plate? Hands raise across the country. ???
This Greek chicken has deliciously crispy skin and is cooked in a bright, lemony sauce. Take that sauce and pour it over the potatoes and watch a big smile spread across your face. For reals.
Of all the delicious food we've been eating on this Whole30 Adventure, this Greek chicken has been one of our favorites. It's simple, no-frills, feel-good food. It's back to the basics, meat and potatoes (literally) cooking. It's the kind of easy chicken dinner recipe that you will make over and over until there is no more recipe and it becomes a household staple.
We're heading into Day 15 on The Whole30 Program. It would have been Day 16, but I had a glass of wine on my very fist day (go me!) so had to start over again. Halfway there!
Before I started, I read the general guide about what to expect at each step along the way. I thought, “How the hell do they know exactly what I'm going to feel like on Day 15? Turns out, they know everything. Or maybe I'm not as unique as I like to think I am.
From the headaches and hangover-like symptoms of the first few days to the dreaming about food I can't eat, they've nailed it all.
Last night, I dreamed about having a cocktail. It was so vivid, as my dreams usually are. The cocktail was mezcal-based but red in color and was finished with a spritz of rose water. Don't judge … it was a dream! Clearly, Bar Chef has worked its way into my sub conscience. ?
I enjoyed one drink and was heading to meet my girlfriend Shantel for a few more. As I was walking out the door I remembered about this Whole30 thing and I didn't know what to do. Should I say eff it all and go for five more cocktails? Should I secretly tell no one I messed up and continue on feeling guilty? Should I own up and start over?
Seriously, this is what goes through my head at night. ? I can't tell you what decision I came to cause I woke up before I got there.
Anyway, back to the food. The meals I've been eating are awesome enough that if it wasn't for the lack of alcohol, I might consider this a full-time gig. I mean seriously, just look at that Greek chicken?!! ?
If you make this One Pan Lemony Greek Chicken with Potatoes and Asparagus make sure you snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs. nugget potatoes, halved or quartered, depending on the size
- ½ large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, zest, and juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch of asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Season the skin of the chicken with ½ teaspoon of sea salt and ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan, skin-side down. Let the chicken cook until the skin is has started to brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and turn off the heat.
- Add all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the asparagus to the pan and toss with the oil that is left in the pan from cooking the chicken. Sprinkle the remaining ½ teaspoon of sea salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper over the potatoes.
- Nestle the chicken into the potatoes, skin-side up and bake in your oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft and the chicken has cooked through. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the asparagus on top of the chicken.
More deliciously easy chicken dinner recipes:
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Amaretto Peach Cobbler - August 14, 2018
- Grilled Peach Salad with Arugula, Candied Curry Pecans, and Honey Vinaigrette - August 11, 2018
- Smoky Gochujang Korean BBQ Chicken - August 9, 2018