Green Goddess Pizza
This pretty Green Goddess Pizza is made with a green veggie pizza crust, pesto pizza sauce, and piled lightly with kale, asparagus, peas, and hemp hearts. It's an easy and delicious way to fall in love with greens at dinner.
Friends! I've made us pizza! This isn't any ordinary pizza, cause that's just not how we do things. This pizza is green and beautiful and looks like summer on a plate. I figured we could all use a little vacation from the cold winter weather so I'm bringing it to you in the form of bright colors and fresh flavors.
It's also National Pizza Day on February 9th, and I thought we should join in the party.
→ Sidebar ← Who comes up with these national days, anyway?
It's also the big love day (I'm looking at you, Valentine's) coming up next week and nothing says I love you like a green goddess pizza. Ha! Ok ok, I know pizza is not exactly top of the list for special date nights, but this one is so pretty that I thought it could make the cut.
I've made us this Green Goddess Pizza using the green veggie pizza crust recipe I share with you a few weeks back. On top of that, I slathered on a thick coat of pesto pizza sauce then topped it with kale, asparagus, peas (yes, I know peas seem strange. trust me on this one.), and some goat and mozzarella cheese.
I've kept this a vegetarian pizza, even though I was super tempted to add some prosciutto. If you have some kicking around, fry it in a pan then crumble it on top. Trust me, no one will complain that your green goddess pizza isn't totally veggie.
I've also popped this in the paleo category, although it may or may not be, depending on where you stand with cheese. Some eat it. Some don't. I'm not here to judge.
Here's how to get your green goddess pizza game on:
♡ Chop some kale (or spinach, broccoli, or zucchini) in your food processor. Mix in some cheese and a couple of eggs and pat that mess into something resembling a pizza crust then pop it in your oven. Magic happens in the oven and it comes out looking much nicer than when it went in.
♡ Blend some basil, parsley, cashews and a few other pesto-y ingredients in the food processor you used for the kale. Seriously, who needs more dishes in their lives?
♡ Spread the pesto on the pizza crust, top some kale, asparagus, and peas on top. Cheese! Yes, definitely add some cheese. Then bake it for 10 minutes.
♡ Dig in!
See how one of the only four steps involves eating? So easy!
More Green Goddess Recipes
Delicious Pizza Recipes
- Green Veggie Pizza Crust
- The Best Pizza Dough Recipe
- Summertime Easy Caprese Pizza
- Butternut Squash Pizza with Roasted Garlic and Goat Cheese
- Healthy Southwestern Pizza
- Spicy Chorizo Pizza with Caramelized Onions and Arugula
- Gochujang Pulled Pork Korean Pizza
This pretty Green Goddess Pizza is made with a green veggie pizza crust, pesto pizza sauce, and piled lightly with kale, asparagus, peas, and hemp hearts. It's an easy and delicious way to eat your greens at dinner.
- Use this green veggie pizza crust recipe
Pesto pizza sauce:
- 1/4 cup each: basil and parsley, packed
- 1/4 cup each: cashews and olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
Green goddess pizza toppings:
- Black and curly kale, massaged with a little oil
- Fresh or frozen peas (unthawed in warm tap water, if frozen)
- Goat and mozzarella cheeses
- Hemp hearts
- Begin by making the green veggie pizza crust. You can make this up to a day ahead.
- While the pizza crust is baking, make the pesto. Combine all the pesto pizza sauce ingredients in your blender or food processor and blend on high until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- When the pizza crusts have finished baking, remove them from the oven and divide the pesto between the two of them, leaving a 1″ rim around the crusts. Pile on the kale (you can use quite a bit as it shrinks in the oven) and top the kale with some asparagus, peas, goat cheese, and a little mozzarella. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with some hemp hearts.