This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Make all your pizza dreams come true with this sweet spicy pizza sauce. It's a rich tomato base that's naturally smoky and sweet with the perfect amount of heat. Using only five ingredients, it's easy to make, versatile, and freezes well, too!
Homemade pizza sauce makes pizza taste so much better. There are no unwanted additives in this pizza sauce, either. Just five ingredients: fire-roasted tomatoes, honey, sriracha, balsamic vinegar, and garlic granules.
Spread this versatile sauce on our pizza dough recipe and layer on your favorite Tex-Mex toppings. Save yourself some time by making a double batch and freezing it for later. You won't regret it!
How to make sweet and spicy pizza sauce
It's simple to make pizza sauce at home by following a few easy steps:
- Place all the ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a small pot and simmer until it has thickened.
- Use it right away or store it in your fridge for up to 5 days. It also freezes very well!
This sweet and spicy pizza sauce uses only four ingredients. Here's what you'll need to make it:
- Fire-roasted tomatoes
- Balsamic vinegar
- Garlic granules
- Salt and pepper
Can I use regular tomatoes instead of fire-roasted?
You can, but the fire-roasted tomatoes add a touch of sweetness to the sauce. If you can't find fire-roasted tomatoes, substitute diced tomatoes then taste and adjust the seasonings accordingly.
How long does this pizza sauce last?
You can make this sauce and store it in a sealed jar in your fridge for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze this sauce?
Yes! This sweet and spicy pizza sauce freezes very well for at least 3 months. We love to use these reusable Stasher bags for storing sauces.
Ideas for using this sweet and spicy pizza sauce
This is the sauce we use on our southwest pizza with our homemade pizza dough. It also tastes great on this spicy chorizo pizza with caramelized onions, or make your own pizza using a combination of your favorite ingredients or what you have on hand.
- 14 ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes (see notes)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon EACH: garlic granules and balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- Place the ingredients into your blender and blend on high until smooth.14 ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes, ¼ cup honey, 1 tablespoon sriracha, 1 teaspoon EACH: garlic granules and balsamic vinegar, ½ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- Pour the sauce into a small pot over medium-high heat. When the sauce starts to boil, reduce the heat so the sauce simmers, and place the lid halfway on to prevent splatters. Simmer the sauce for 10-15 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Use the pizza sauce right away or store it in your fridge for up to 5 days. It also freezes very well!
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.