Summer Tomato and Grilled Corn Salad
This delicious Summer Tomato and Grilled Corn Salad is made with sweet summer corn and tomatoes, mint, basil, and a balsamic dressing. It's the perfect summer side dish for weeknight dinners and weekend BBQs!
This is it, people. This is the time to indulge every bit of your summer tomato and corn cravings. You see those bright, juicy tomatoes there? You need to get your fill of them while you still can.
I have to tell you a story. Last week, I was standing with my handsome man, my 6-year-old nephew and my sister in her garden, the hot Okanagan sun blazing down on us. We had tomato juice running down our chins and arms. My nephew found a giant yellow tomato, without any exaggeration this thing was as big as a large grapefruit. He held it over his head and exclaimed, “Look at this tomato! We should all eat it!” Then he bit into it like it was a giant apple and, with a mouthful of tomato, told us it was as sweet as candy.
My sister said it felt like winning at parenting. (Go sista!)
Tomato season always seems to disappear so quickly, and it's right about now that I start to get desperate and eat every tomato in sight. I mean really, have you ever eaten a tomato in the winter? But of course you have, we've all made that sad mistake. Winter tomatoes are not worth even looking at so we'd better get our fill now while we still can.
This tomato and grilled corn salad is all kinds of crazy good deliciousness. We already talked about how sweet and perfectly ripe the tomatoes are, but that's not all. There's sweet, lightly grilled corn, wisps of mint and basil, and tangy balsamic vinegar and the world's best feta.
Are you familiar with Macedonian feta? If not, I'm begging you to make acquaintances. Once you meet, your life will change. Seriously.
Macedonian feta is like regular feta's grown up and far more sophisticated cousin. It's creamy and decadent and less salty than you'd expect. You probably want to add extra to your tomato salad cause really, why wouldn't you?
Now, before I take up any more of your time, go and grab some beautiful summertime tomatoes and make this grilled corn salad. You can thank me later.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Summer Tomato Recipes
- Mediterranean Tomatoes Stuffed with Rice
- Fresh Summer Spaghetti
- Summertime Easy Caprese Pizza
- Creamy Avocado Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Burst Tomatoes
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
Summer Tomato and Grilled Corn Salad
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil, packed
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint, packed
- 2 lbs. very ripe tomatoes, thickly sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Optional: extra mint and basil and some balsamic reduction, to serve
- Preheat your grill to medium-high and oil the grates.
- Grill the corn for 10 minutes, turning a few times. You want the kernels to turn bright yellow and let some of them get grill marks. Remove the corn from the grill and, when it is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off. (The easiest way to cut the kernels off the cob is to stand the corn on one end and run the knife blade down the corn.)3 ears corn
- While the corn is grilling, prepare the rest of the salad. In a small bowl whisk the balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, olive oil, and garlic until it is smooth and creamy. Stir through the basil and mint. Add the grilled corn kernels to the bowl.3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 clove garlic, 2 tablespoons chopped basil, 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Lay half the tomatoes out on your serving platter, sprinkle them with sea salt then top with half the corn and half the feta cheese. Top with the rest of the tomatoes, the remaining feta cheese and corn, sprinkle with sea salt and any or all of the garnishes. Pour any remaining dressing on top and serve immediately.2 lbs. very ripe tomatoes, ¼ cup feta cheese, Optional: extra mint and basil and some balsamic reduction