This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This grilled corn salad with farmer's sausage is an easy and delicious summer side dish. It's fresh crunchy veggies, grilled corn, smoky sausage, and creamy avocado all tossed in a tangy dressing. It's perfect for BBQ parties and picnics, and it's ready in just 20 minutes!
No need to turn on your ovens for this recipe for grilled corn salad; this one is all about the grill! We love cooking on the grill because it gives everything the most amazing smoky flavor.
This healthy summer corn salad has so much going for it. It's crunchy summer veggies, smoky grilled corn, creamy avocado, and flavorful farmer's sausage. The tangy dressing is slightly sweet with a bit of heat and it just happens to be completely dairy-free.
It's a great salad to make for a BBQ party as it can sit for at least an hour without losing quality. It's the perfect side dish to serve with other grilled foods, or on its own as a light summer meal.
Why you'll love this
- It's fresh, healthy, and packed full of flavor.
- It's quick and easy to make.
- It's completely dairy-free.
- It will keep your home cool (no hot oven required).
- Using the grill means clean up is a breeze!
Grilled corn salad ingredients
Here's what you'll need to make this tasty grilled corn salad:
- Fresh corn on the cob
- Farmer's sausage
- Vegetable oil
- Vegetables – orange and red bell pepper, red onion, and cherry tomatoes
Here's what you'll need for the tangy dressing:
- Orange + lime juice
- Vegetable oil
- Cilantro + mint
- Adobo sauce (from a jar of chipotle peppers)
- Salt + pepper
How to make this grilled corn salad recipe
It's easy to make grilled corn salad by following a few simple steps:
- While your BBQ pre-heats, lightly coat the corn and farmer's sausage with oil. Cook them on the grill, flipping a few times, then remove and allow them to cool slightly.
- While the corn and sausage cook, make the rest of the salad. Stir all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix the red and orange peppers, red onion, and cherry tomatoes together in a large bowl.
- Chop the sausage into bite-sized pieces and cut the corn kernels by sliding a knife down the side of the cob.
- Add the corn, diced sausage, and avocado to the bowl with the vegetables. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to coat.
Variations to try
- Add some feta cheese or cotija cheese
- Make it spicy with some minced jalapeño
- Use lemon juice instead of lime juice
How long does this grilled corn salad keep in the fridge?
This salad will stay fresh in an airtight container for 2-3 days in the fridge.
Can I make this salad ahead of time?
Yes! This is a great salad to make ahead as it can sit for at least an hour without losing quality. If you want to make it further ahead, grill the corn and sausage, chop the veggies, make the dressing and then wait until you're nearly ready to serve it before you mix everything together.
What to serve with grilled corn salad
Here are some of our favorite BBQ party foods:
- Hawaiian Hot Dogs
- Lemon Salmon Burgers
- Chicken Feta Spinach Burger
- Grilled Fish Tacos
- Grilled Pork Chops
- 3 cobs corn
- 1 lb farmer's sausages (sliced in half lengthwise)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium red pepper (diced)
- 1 medium orange pepper (diced)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 large avocado (diced)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (from ¼ orange)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (finely chopped )
- 2 tablespoons mint (finely chopped )
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from a jar of chipotle peppers)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your BBQ to medium-high. Lightly coat the cobs of corn and farmer sausage in the vegetable oil. Place them both on the BBQ and grill for 10 minutes, turning the sausage once and the corn a few times. Remove them both from the grill and let them cool slightly.3 cobs corn, 1 lb farmer's sausages, 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- While the corn and sausage cook, make the rest of the salad. Place all the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and mix well.2 tablespoons orange juice, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 2 tablespoons mint, 1 teaspoon adobo sauce, 1 teaspoon honey, Sea salt and pepper
- Add the red and orange peppers, red onion, and cherry tomatoes to a large bowl.1 medium red pepper, 1 medium orange pepper, ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion, ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Chop the sausage into bite-sized pieces. Hold the corn on end on a plate and cut the corn kernels off by sliding a sharp knife down the side of the cob.
- Add the corn, diced sausage, and avocado to the bowl with the vegetables. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to coat.1 large avocado
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.