Roasted Red Pepper Dip Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Grilled Shrimp Skewers are marinated in roasted red pepper dip then made into shrimp kebabs with your favorite vegetables. A perfect summer dinner recipe. They're easy to make, healthy, and a true crowd pleaser!
Fall in love with grilled shrimp skewers
- These shrimp skewers are completely, totally, 100% delicious.
- Roasted Red Pepper Dip. I know you love this. Summer Fresh makes the best one I've tried.
- These guys go for a double dip. First as a marinade then once more before you take a bite. Oh, ya!
- This recipe is ridiculously quick and easy. Which means you'll have more time for important things, like sitting on your patio and drinking a glass of wine.
- Gluten-free and lower in carbs but high in summer vibes and delicious flavor.
- Perfect for Canada Day, Fourth of July, and all your other fun summer parties!
Promise me you'll make these grilled shrimp skewers for dinner tonight!
Watch the grilled shrimp skewers video!
The best shrimp skewer marinade
Shrimp skewers are only as good as the marinade, and this is the best one I've found. Want to know how I make it? I thought you might!
First, pick up a container of Summer Fresh Roasted Red Pepper Dip. It's creamy and flavorful and all things delicious. In fact, you should probably pick up 2 containers. They disappear fast. Trust me.
Second, spoon some of the dip onto the shrimp and add a little salt, pepper, paprika, and oil.
That's it! Mix everything together and set the shrimp aside to marinate while you chop up the veggies for the skewers.
Summer Fresh dips are my go-to kitchen hack for making quick, delicious, and healthy recipes. I recently used their tzatziki to marinate the Sheet Pan Tzatziki Chicken and used it another time in the Tzatziki Avocado Salmon Rolls. Keeping some of their dips, hummus, and salads on hand can literally save dinner.
How to make this grilled shrimp skewers recipe
Once you have your shrimp marinating in Summer Fresh Roasted Red Pepper Dip, there are only 3 little steps left before you eat.
- Chop your veggies. I like to keep them roughly the same size as the shrimp I'm using so they grill nicely. Also, bigger veggies take longer to cook which means you'll risk overcooking the shrimp. You can use the peppers, zucchini, and red onion combo I've gone for, or use your favorite veggies. There are no right or wrong answers here.
- Skewer the veggies and marinated shrimp. I like to use metal shish kebab skewers, but wooden ones work well, too. If you have wood skewers, make sure to soak them in water for 15 minutes before using them so they don't burn on your BBQ.
- Grill your shrimp kebabs. 8-10 minutes on your BBQ is the sweet spot. Flip them halfway through so they get nice grill marks on each side.
I like to serve this with extra Summer Fresh Roasted Red Pepper Dip on the side. More dip is always the right answer.
What to serve with shrimp skewers
These shrimp kebabs make the perfect light summer dinner. They really don't need anything else to complete the meal. Pour yourself a glass of chilled white wine, grab the nearest deck chair, and soak up the last of the day's sunshine.
But if you've had an active day and are feeling pretty hungry, you may want to add a side dish or a starter. To keep things easy and delicious, take the top off some Summer Fresh Hummus and put some crispy pita chips into a bowl. Or slice some bread and put out Summer Fresh Spinach Dip.
If you want to spend a bit more time in the kitchen, these are some of my favorite summer side dish recipes:
- Bacon Kale Caesar Salad
- Grilled Zucchini Salad with Sunflower Seed Dressing
- Grilled Smashed Potato Salad with Chive Lemon Yogurt
- Smoky Parmesan Corn on the Cob
No matter how you serve them, I know you'll fall in love with these Roasted Red Pepper Grilled Shrimp Skewers!
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Shrimp Recipes
- Cajun Shrimp Boil Skewers
- Sticky Sesame Honey Shrimp with Ginger Broccoli
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Spicy Cajun Shrimp Skillet with Green Peppers
- Thai Coconut Shrimp Eggs Benedict
Roasted Red Pepper Grilled Shrimp Skewers
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup Summer Fresh Roasted Red Pepper Dip, plus extra for dipping
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each: paprika and black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1 ½ – inch pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1 ½ – inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch thick halves
- 1 small red onion, cut into thick chunks
- Mix the shrimp with the Summer Fresh Roasted Red Pepper Dip, olive oil, paprika, black pepper, and sea salt. Put the shrimp in your fridge to marinate while you chop the veggies.1 lb. shrimp, ¼ cup Summer Fresh Roasted Red Pepper Dip, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon each: paprika and black pepper, ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your BBQ to medium-high heat.
- Skewer the shrimp and veggies. Grill the shrimp skewers for 8-10 minutes, until grill marks appear, turning halfway through cooking.1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper, 1 small zucchini, 1 small red onion
- Serve the grilled shrimp skewers with extra Summer Fresh Roasted Red Pepper Dip on the side.