This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A little spicy, totally flavorful 20-minute buffalo chicken tacos are the answer to what to make for dinner. Bite-sized chunks of chicken breasts are spiced then pan-fried until slightly charred then mixed with a simple buffalo sauce. We love these on warm tortillas piled with blue cheese coleslaw!
Buffalo chicken tacos
If there is one taco recipe you need to make, this is the one.
- Hugely flavorful with the slightly spicy buffalo sauce that just. totally. rocks.
- Tender chunks of butter sauteed chicken all smothered in that sauce we just talked about.
- Topped with blue cheese coleslaw (or some sliced cabbage with a little blue) cause nothing goes better with buffalo sauce than blue cheese.
- Wrapped in warm tortillas.
- Or jump on the healthy train with lettuce wraps.
- Add some diced avocados. Or go big with a spoonful of guacamole. Yes!
- And ready in just 20 minutes so there is really no reason that you shouldn't make this right now.
What type of hot sauce is best for buffalo sauce?
Frank's RedHot all the way. It's a very mild hot sauce so even if you're sensitive to heat, it doesn't overpower. It's more of a flavorful sauce with a touch of heat.
Because we use A LOT of hot sauce in this recipe, if you switch it up and use a different brand, you may find yourself with a mouth on fire begging for a margarita. Don't say we didn't warn you!
More buffalo recipes
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad with Avocado Ranch
- Spicy Buffalo Corn on the Cob
- Baked Sriracha Buffalo Wings
Popular taco recipes
- Best Carnitas Tacos
- Summer Veggie Grilled Steak Tacos
- Baja Fish Tacos, Southern Slaw and Aji Guacamole
- Grilled Jerk Chicken Tacos with Gold Kiwifruit Salsa
- Crockpot Pork Tacos with Crunchy Carrot Slaw
- Beer Battered Fish Tacos
- 2 chicken breasts (about 1 lb. total)
- ½ tablespoon EACH: chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (divided)
- ⅓ cup Frank's RedHot Sauce
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces and place them into a medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle the chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt over the top and toss to coat.2 chicken breasts, ½ tablespoon EACH: chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and sea salt
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until the pieces are browned on 1 side, about 3 minutes. Flip the pieces over and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter and Frank's to the pan and mix everything together.⅓ cup Frank's RedHot Sauce
- Serve on tortillas or in lettuce wraps with any or all of the optional toppings.8 4-inch flour tortillas or lettuce wraps
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.