20 Minute Buffalo Chicken Tacos
A little spicy, totally flavorful 20-minute buffalo chicken tacos are the answer to what to make for dinner. Bite-sized chunks of chicken breasts are spiced then pan-fried until slightly charred then mixed with a simple buffalo sauce. We love these on warm tortillas piled with blue cheese coleslaw!
Don't forget to make yourself a pre-dinner lime margarita. Some easy guacamole or Mexican corn dip goes great with this meal!
Buffalo chicken tacos
If there is one taco recipe you need to make, this is the one.
- Hugely flavorful with the slightly spicy buffalo sauce that just. totally. rocks.
- Tender chunks of butter sauteed chicken all smothered in that sauce we just talked about.
- Topped with blue cheese coleslaw (or some sliced cabbage with a little blue) cause nothing goes better with buffalo sauce than blue cheese.
- Wrapped in warm tortillas.
- Or jump on the healthy train with lettuce wraps.
- Add some diced avocados. Or go big with a spoonful of guacamole. Yes!
- And ready in just 20 minutes so there is really no reason that you shouldn't make this right now.
What type of hot sauce is best for buffalo sauce?
Frank's RedHot all the way. It's a very mild hot sauce so even if you're sensitive to heat, it doesn't overpower. It's more of a flavorful sauce with a touch of heat.
Because we use A LOT of hot sauce in this recipe, if you switch it up and use a different brand, you may find yourself with a mouth on fire begging for a margarita. Don't say we didn't warn you!
More buffalo recipes
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad with Avocado Ranch
- Spicy Buffalo Corn on the Cob
- Baked Sriracha Buffalo Wings
Popular taco recipes
- Best Carnitas Tacos
- Summer Veggie Grilled Steak Tacos
- Baja Fish Tacos, Southern Slaw and Aji Guacamole
- Grilled Jerk Chicken Tacos with Gold Kiwifruit Salsa
- Crockpot Pork Tacos with Crunchy Carrot Slaw
- Beer Battered Fish Tacos
Buffalo Chicken Tacos
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 2 chicken breasts, about 1 lb. total
- ½ tablespoon EACH: chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- ⅓ cup Frank's RedHot Sauce
- 8 4-inch flour tortillas or lettuce wraps
- Blue cheese coleslaw or thinly sliced cabbage
- Diced avocados or guacamole
- Cilantro lime ranch
- Sour cream or grated cheddar
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces and place them into a medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle the chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt over the top and toss to coat.2 chicken breasts, ½ tablespoon EACH: chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and sea salt
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until the pieces are browned on 1 side, about 3 minutes. Flip the pieces over and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter and Frank's to the pan and mix everything together.⅓ cup Frank's RedHot Sauce
- Serve on tortillas or in lettuce wraps with any or all of the optional toppings.8 4-inch flour tortillas or lettuce wraps
Hi! I used your recipe to put together spicy chicken tacos for my family. It was super easy to make, however, it was real salty. Should I cut the 1/2 tablespoon, of all the salt spices, in half? Or should I eliminate a spice? Or use an alternate spice? I’d love to make this again. Any suggestions you have would help, thank you!!
We use sea salt, which has a more mild flavor than table salt. If you found it too salty you can definitely reduce the amount of salt. 🙂
Yep these were good. So easy too. They were a bit spicy for me but then I’m kinda wimpy. Would still make them again but with a little less hot sauce.