This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These sriracha buffalo wings are saucy, spicy, and always a hit! We bake them in the oven until crispy and then toss them in a simple two-ingredient buffalo sauce. They're easy to make with just a few ingredients, and they're ready in 45 minutes!
If you're after the perfect game-day snack or appetizer, also try our sticky honey garlic chicken wings.
If you like sriracha, you're going to love these sriracha buffalo wings. They're spicy, slathered in sauce, and finger-licking good. Plus, they're baked instead of fried so it's a healthier way to prepare everyone's favorite appetizer!
To make them, just bake them in the oven until they're crispy. No frying means less mess and clean up!
While they're cooking, mix up the easy-to-make sauce with just two ingredients: butter and sriracha. When the chicken wings are done, toss them in the sauce and serve them hot with some fresh cilantro or parsley.
They're great party food and perfect for laid-back gatherings, as a game day snack, or any occasion!
Sriracha buffalo wings ingredients
The ingredients list is short, but the buffalo sriracha wings deliver big on flavor! Here's what you need to make them:
- Chicken wings – look for fresh, plump chicken wings.
- Cooking oil – for coating the chicken wings when they bake in the oven.
- Sea salt + black pepper – for seasoning.
- Butter – butter makes a rich, almost creamy sauce that's finger-licking good!
- Sriracha – sriracha is spicy, but it's also tangy, a bit sweet, with hints of pungent garlic. We use the classic bottle with the green top by Huy Fong. Feel free to dial the heat up or down depending on your tastebuds.
- Cilantro or parsley – freshly minced, for garnish.
How to make sriracha buffalo wings
You don't need to fry chicken wings for them to be delicious! These baked sriracha buffalo wings are quick, easy, and perfect for parties. Here's how we make them in a few simple steps:
- Place the wings on a parchment-lined baking sheet, toss them with oil, salt, and pepper, and pop them in your hot oven.
- Bake 'em until they're crispy.
- To prepare the sauce, melt the butter and then stir in the sriracha.
- When the wings are done, toss them with the sauce, and serve right away with some fresh parsley or cilantro. Yum!
Can I use a different hot sauce?
Absolutely! You can switch up the sriracha for your favorite hot sauce. Each one tastes a bit different, so use what you love the most. Popular ones like Franks or Valentina work well, too.
How long do they keep?
Chicken wings are best eaten hot, but any extras can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for 3 days.
How do I reheat buffalo wings?
To warm them up, place them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes. If you like them saucy, you may want to mix up a bit more sauce to toss them in.
How do I make crispy chicken wings?
Make sure to pat them dry with a paper towel before baking them. Dry wings are the key to making them crispy. And don't skip the oil, it helps render the fat from the skin to make it crispy!
What to serve with sriracha buffalo wings
These sriracha buffalo wings are great for parties, Superbowl Sunday, or anytime as a tasty appetizer. Enjoy them with veggies and dip or alongside other appetizers.
- 2 lb chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup sriracha
- Cilantro or parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix the wings with the oil, sea salt, and pepper then lay them in a single layer on the baking sheet.2 lb chicken wings, 1 tablespoon cooking oil, 1 teaspoon sea salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the wings are quite crispy.
- While the wings are baking prepare the sauce. Melt the butter in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sriracha and whisk to combine.¼ cup butter, ¼ cup sriracha
- When the chicken wings have finished cooking remove them from the oven and place them in a large clean bowl. Pour the sauce over the top and toss to coat. Serve immediately sprinkled with a little cilantro or parsley.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.