These delicious Sweet and Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Wings are the best ever. Even though they're baked, not fried, they're super crispy. They make the perfect party appetizer or even an easy dinner recipe. You will love them!
“Make sure you take good pictures cause everyone needs to make these.”
That's what I was told after sharing a ‘sneak peak' before I started snapping pics. After the pictures had been taken and the wings were fair game what I heard sounded more like this:
“OMG these are the best wings ever. Holy damn woman, what did you do to these wings? These are the best wings I've ever had!”
And on and on it went. No lie. All I heard for the next 10 minutes were grunts, moans, slurps and excessive use of superlatives.
In the end, all that was left were the cleanest bones you've ever seen. I almost posted a picture of the so-clean-they-looked-fake bones, but luckily for all of us I came to my senses and realized you probably don't want to see a picture of my food scraps. What was I thinking?
I must have been experiencing a little honey garlic chicken wings delirium.
If you're wondering what makes these so frickin' good, let me tell you:
- They're super crispy, even though they're BAKED. Say whaaaa? Yep, you heard that right. Crispy. Baked. Oh ya.
- They're smothered in the most delicious sweet, garlicky sauce there ever has been. Ever. Ya, baby!
- Crispy wings + delicious sauce = best honey garlic chicken wings EVER!
Getting crispy baked chicken wings is easier than you might think. Here's what I do to create restaurant-style crispy wings in my oven:
- Turn the oven to 400 degrees. You want it hot, but not so hot it will burn the wings.
- Use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. This is super important as it prevents the wings from sticking to the pan. Stuck on wings means you leave the crispiness on the pan. →Insert sad face ←
- Coat them with oil. I know that the skin is full of fat, but don't skip this step. Fat renders fat. You need the fat in the skin to ‘melt' so that the skin turns crispy.
- Keep these in the oven until they're nice and crispy. Don't worry about overcooking the chicken, it will be amazing.
Now can we just stop everything we're doing for a minute and look at all the crispy skin and sticky fingers going on here …
If you make these Honey Garlic Chicken Wings make sure to snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram, so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing what you guys create!
- 2 lb. chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Cilantro and sesame seeds, for garnish
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or sub coco aminos for paleo)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, very finely minced
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and toss them with the 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, sea salt, and pepper. Place them on the prepared baking tray and put them in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until they are crispy.
- While the chicken wings are baking, make the glaze. Add all the glaze ingredients to a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Boil rapidly for 3-4 minutes, or until the glaze has reduced to ⅓ cup. Remove from the heat.
- Once the chicken wings are crispy remove them from the oven and toss them with the glaze. Sprinkle some cilantro and toasted sesame seeds over top and serve immediately.
More delicious party appetizers: