Loaded Food Truck Mexican Nacho Fries
Mexican Nacho Fries, you ask? That's right! These babies are everything badass food truck dreams are made of: sweet potato fries smothered in melted white cheddar, roasted corn, black beans, cherry tomatoes, jalapeños, red onions, and guacamole then drizzled with creamy/ spicy chipotle crema. Add this recipe to your must-make Super Bowl/ game day party list; your friends will love you for it.
Loaded Food Truck Mexican Nacho Fries, 'cause sometimes you just. have. to.
That's right, my friend. This is where we're going today, and it's AWESOME.
What you're looking at here is a mashup of all the late-night, badass food we love. (even if we don't admit it in everyday daylight hours.) Imagine chili fries, poutine, and cheesy nachos all had a Mexican love affair and turned into this hot mess.
We've got sweet potato fries (or regular fries, your choice!), covered with melted white cheddar cheese and every Mexican-esq topping I could think of: roasted corn, black beans, guac, cherry tomatoes (salsa!), jalapeños, cilantro, red onions, and lime.
Then the whole thing gets drizzled in the best creamy/ spicy sauce we're calling chipotle crema. Plant the rest of the crema directly in front of you and give each and every fry an extra dunk on the way to your mouth.
If I ever have a food truck, I'm so serving Mexican Nacho Fries. They will rock your world.
You know we usually do the healthy food thing here, right? Well, you should see my mind trying to work the ‘nacho fries are good for my body' angle. Ha!
- Sweet potatoes = healthy
- Corn = healthy
- Avocados = healthy
- Tomatoes = healthy
- Black beans = healthy
See? Nachos fries are basically healthy food. (Just for a second, let's not think about the bucket loads of crema and handfuls of cheese.)
I've used store-bought sweet potato fries (gasp!) because it seemed like the right thing to do for nacho fries. Most of the time I like to make things like French fries from scratch because it's really pretty easy. But … sometimes low-brow is totally the way to go.
At least once a month, when we're chillin' with our besties Michael and Jorge, 5-minute Superfries always end up on the table. You need to know, Michael is an amazing cook. He's made me some of the best meals I've ever had. But sometimes (like, once a month sometimes) quick, easy, and no-shame opening a freezer bag is totally the way to go.
If you want to get fancy and slice up some sweet potatoes, go for it. No one will judge you for going the store-bought route when you throw down a platter of Mexican Nacho Fries. Trust me on this one.
More game day appetizers
- Crispy Eggplant Fries
- Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Cajun Sweet Potato Fries with Blue Cheese Yogurt
- Skinny Chili Cheese Dip
- Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
- Thai Peanut Chicken Wings
Loaded Food Truck Mexican Nacho Fries
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 2 lb. frozen sweet potato fries, see notes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese, or more!
- ½ cup Greek-style plain yogurt
- ¼ cup real mayonnaise, NOT Miracle Whip
- 1-2 tablespoons pureed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Black beans, red onion, cherry tomatoes, jalapeño slices
- Guacamole, cilantro, lime wedges
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Bake the sweet potato fries for 20 minutes, turning halfway.2 lb. frozen sweet potato fries
- Place the frozen corn on a small baking sheet and roast in the oven with the fries for 15-20, or until they are light brown in a few spots.1 cup frozen corn
- Make the chipotle crema by mixing the yogurt, mayonnaise, and chipotle peppers in a small bowl. Start with 1 tablespoon of the chipotle and add more to taste/ heat preference.½ cup Greek-style plain yogurt, ¼ cup real mayonnaise, 1-2 tablespoons pureed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- When the fries have finished baking, layer them with the cheddar cheese, roasted corn, and any or all of the oven toppings. Bake for another 7-8 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.1 cup grated white cheddar cheese, Black beans, red onion, cherry tomatoes, jalapeño slices
- Remove the nachos fries from the oven and top with some guacamole, cilantro, lime, and a little chipotle crema. Serve the remaining crema on the side.
This recipe is part of our Healthy Super Bowl Recipes series.