This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These insanely delicious Thai Chicken Wings are oven baked until super crispy and then coated in an easy to make sweet and spicy Thai peanut sauce. They're the perfect appetizer recipe for any game day party!
It's Tuesday. The Super Bowl is this Sunday. It's time for chicken wings!
But we're not digging into any ordinary wings here today. Oh no, we're not. Today is all about the Best Wings EVER, or otherwise known as Thai Chicken Wings.
These beauties are oven baked until totally crispy – think fried crispy without all the mess of deep frying. Then, they're tossed in a Thai-inspired sweet peanut sauce and popped back in the oven for a few minutes until they are caramelized and golden.
Expect some serious finger-licking to happen; there's no chance you or any of your guests will let even a tiny speck of the sauce to go to waste. ← At least that's what it looked like in our not so glamorous house.
You know that feeling when you make a recipe that you are certain will be amazing, only to have it turn out rather blah? That's what originally happened with these Thai Chicken Wingss. Only back then I was calling them Crock Pot Thai Chicken Wings.
- Cooking chicken wings in a crock pot for more than 2 hours does not make for tender wings, it makes for fall apart in a big ugly mess wings.
- Chicken wings that are cooked in a crock pot do NOT become crisp after they are broiled for a while. Don't even bother.
- Making a sauce with rice vinegar + soy + some sort of sweetener like most Thai chicken wing recipes online makes teriyaki chicken wings. Tasty, but not Thai.
I went back to the drawing board (err, my kitchen) and started from scratch.
These Thai Peanut Chicken Wings are glazed with Thai chili sauce (for the sweetness), peanut butter, red curry paste, and a touch of soy and fish sauce.
It gives the wings a distinctive Thai flavor that you definitely won't be confused with teriyaki.
Also, try these mango habanero chicken wings!
If you make these Sticky Thai Peanut Chicken Wings make sure you snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 3 lb chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon neutral flavored oil
- ⅓ cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
- ½ tablespoon EACH: soy sauce, fish sauce, and Thai red curry paste
- ¼ cup water
- Optional toppings: chopped peanuts, sliced red chilis, lime, cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and toss with the oil. Lay them on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 1 hour for full wings (like in the pictures) or 40 minutes for trimmed wings and drummettes.3 lb chicken wings, 1 tablespoon neutral flavored oil
- While the wings are baking, prepare the glaze. Add the Thai sweet chili sauce, peanut butter, soy sauce, fish sauce, Thai red curry paste and the water to a small pan over medium-high heat. Once it starts to bubble, whisk to combine then set aside.⅓ cup Thai sweet chili sauce, 3 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter, ½ tablespoon EACH: soy sauce, fish sauce, and Thai red curry paste, ¼ cup water
- When the wings are crispy, remove them from the oven and set your oven to broil. Puto the wings into a large bowl and pour the sauce over top. Toss gently then return the wings to the baking sheet and broil them for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly.
- Serve with any or all of the optional toppings.Optional toppings: chopped peanuts, sliced red chilis, lime, cilantro
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.
This recipe is part of our Healthy Super Bowl Recipes series.