Celery salad is a gloriously simple salad recipe that's got all the elements we love. Crunchy celery, sweet bites of raisins, a scattering of walnuts, all wrapped up in a creamy dressing. It's delicious!
This celery salad recipe is loosely based on our popular creamy cucumber salad. We love the crunchy creamy combo, and it works just as well with celery.
Added to the mix are a handful of raisins (cranberries or chopped dates would be nice, too). As celery tends to be a bit bitter, the sweetness works well here.
A few walnuts and some minced red onion round out the salad.
If you're like us, you'll always find a head of celery in your fridge. So many recipes call for a stalk of celery, and then you're left wondering what to do with all the rest.
This celery salad is your answer. Since the flavors go well with so many main dishes, it makes pulling together a quick and healthy dinner a breeze.
READ MORE: Cozy Celery Soup
How to make celery salad
This recipe is as easy as a salad recipe can be. Here's what to do:
- Add the celery, raisins, walnuts, and minced red onion to a bowl.
- Now put some mayonnaise, yogurt, salt, and pepper into the bowl and mix everything together.
And just like that, you've made this salad!
Full recipe in the recipe card below.
Celery salad variations
- Diced apple – make it an apple celery salad.
- Chopped dates – instead of the raisins.
- Festive – add cranberries.
- Switch up the nuts – pecans and walnuts are great.
What to serve with celery salad
The flavors of this salad go well with many different mains. Here are a few to choose from:
Also try this celery salad with:
- Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese
- Greek Lemon Potatoes
- Steamed Basmati Rice
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries, Pecans, and Sweet Potatoes
Popular easy salad recipes
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Pea Salad with Bacon
- Kale Apple Salad
- Avocado Cucumber Salad
- Sweet and Creamy Kale Waldorf Salad
Creamy Celery Salad
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 8 stalks celery, sliced thin
- ¼ cup EACH: raisins, toasted walnuts, and minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, or 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.8 stalks celery, ¼ cup EACH: raisins, toasted walnuts, and minced red onion, 3 tablespoons plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, ½ teaspoon pepper, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Mix until everything is well incorporated.