Roasted Winter Green Salad
Roasted Winter Green Salad is filled with crispy kale, roasted broccoli and brussels, sweet grapes, and toasted almonds and tossed in a creamy tahini dressing. Top it with your favorite protein for an easy to make and healthy detox salad.
Happy start of the new year! To get us going in the right direction, I've made us a dinner detox salad that I'm calling Roasted Winter Green Salad.
I know that roasted green salad might sound a little strange, but bear with me, I promise it's worth it.
This was one of the recipes I was toying adding to the Sugar Free Paleo Dinner Recipes cookbook. The only reason I didn't is that it needs some protein to turn it into a full meal, and I wanted to keep that flexible.
Why you want roasted winter green salad for dinner tonight:
- Crispy kale that is like eating chips and calling it a detox salad. #lovekale
- Roasted broccoli and a few roasted brussels. Bring on the roasted green veggies!
- The creamiest ever lemon tahini dressing that is just. so. good.
- Sweet red grapes that taste like candy.
- Toasted slivered almonds.
Pop your favorite protein on top (I love it with seared salmon!) and dinner is ready.
What to serve with your winter mixed green salad?
That salmon up there has Primal Palate's Meat and Potato Seasoning (AKA the best seasoning ever) sprinkled on top. It was baked in the oven along with the broccoli and brussels so I'd say this almost counts as a sheet pan dinner recipe. Almost.
You could easily use the same seasoning on chicken thighs or breasts and roast them in the oven. Both would be delicious.
Or you could take this in a totally plant-based direction and sprinkle some of that seasoning on sliced firm tofu and sear it in a pan.
Which would you choose?
Lemon Tahini Salad Dressing
That creamy dressing you see up there is 100% dairy-free.
The trick is to use tahini. Are you familiar with tahini? It's a paste made from sesame seeds, like peanut butter is a paste made from peanuts.
It has a nutty flavor and gives salad dressings a creamy texture. Mixed with lemon juice and a tiny bit of garlic and it becomes magic.
If you love healthy recipes like this winter green salad, make sure you check out the Sugar Free Paleo Dinner Recipes cookbook. It has 30 easy to make and delicious dinner recipes that are gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, alcohol-free, sugar-free, bean and legume-free, and hassle-free.
Winter Green Salad Recipes
- Pomegranate Salad with Spinach, Hazelnuts, and Mint
- Arugula and Wild Rice Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
- Crispy Kale Salad with Roasted Beets and Spicy Candied Pecans
- Roasted Pumpkin Spinach Salad with Maple Pumpkin Dressing
- Roasted Beet and Kale Salad with Maple Candied Walnuts
Roasted Winter Greens Salad
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- ½ lb. brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 teaspoons oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 bunch kale, stem removed and torn into pieces (about 4 cups)
- 5 ounces salad greens
- 1 cup grapes, cut in half
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
- ¼ teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- Turn your oven to 425 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the brussels and broccoli on one baking sheet and toss with a teaspoon of oil and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Roast for 25 minutes, mixing the veggies around once halfway through.½ lb. brussels sprouts, 1 head broccoli
- Toss the kale with the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil and ¼ teaspoon of salt then place it on the other baking sheet in a single layer. Put it in the oven (at the same time as the brussels and broccoli) and bake for 15 minutes, or until the kale is crispy, tossing once halfway through.1 bunch kale
- While the veggies are roasting, place the salad greens, grapes, and almonds in a large salad bowl.5 ounces salad greens, 1 cup grapes, ½ cup slivered almonds
- Place all the lemon tahini dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.¼ cup tahini, ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, ¼ cup cold water, 2 cloves garlic, 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley, ¼ teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- When the veggies are cooked and have cooled slightly, add them to the salad bowl and pour the dressing over top. Toss then serve right away.